By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS2 is the gaming GOD in sales!

What is wrong with you people? You play games, not sell numbers. If waiting for weekly sells is more fun than gaming for you guys, then it's no wonder you guys think sells make the console the best.

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
What is wrong with you people? You play games, not sell numbers. If waiting for weekly sells is more fun than gaming for you guys, then it's no wonder you guys think sells make the console the best.

THIS IS VGCHARTZ...What did you expected if you register on this forum that people would not talk about sales?

of course they do....If you don't like it, there are other forums ....

grandmaster192 said:
Playstation 2 is an overhyped console just like the Wii. PS2 had great sell numbers, but the Gamecube was the better console.

Thats your litle opinion , so we dont have to share it ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Wow... I didn't y'all liked sale charts better than gaming.

grandmaster192 said:

Actually if a console sells well , than developers will invest in huge AAA games , because its a shure profit , so yeah , sales count a lot ( see DS vs. PSP ) .

Around the Network
leo-j said:

According to Sony the legendary ps2 has sold more than 130 million consoles! No other gaming anything has ever sold this much. Now I know you guys are going to say we know this..

But can you guys believe this?

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=PS2&publisher=&sort=Total

edit:

To make things more interesthing since you guys are ingnoring my posts. Every time the old gen ps2 gets a wii or 360 port it literally sells 1 million copies in less than 1 month.

The ps2 is about to have 200 titles that have sold more than a million copies. I sometimes wonder how much money sony makes of the ps2?

Just a pity that the PS2 hasn't been selling software *that* well recently. Sony made heaps of money of it in the past - not as much recently.

Its still profitable though, and that is why Sony want to keep it running for as long as possible. I wonder if it will still be around next Xmas...

I don't imagine we'll ever have a situation like the PS2 had - ever again. It was so dominant, and launched early - it had ALL the support that counted. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

113 million PS2 consoles sold, Wii will crush that

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Are you serious, Soriku? I didn't know leo-j was sutch a newbie gamer.

shams said:
leo-j said:

According to Sony the legendary ps2 has sold more than 130 million consoles! No other gaming anything has ever sold this much. Now I know you guys are going to say we know this..

But can you guys believe this?

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=PS2&publisher=&sort=Total

edit:

To make things more interesthing since you guys are ingnoring my posts. Every time the old gen ps2 gets a wii or 360 port it literally sells 1 million copies in less than 1 month.

The ps2 is about to have 200 titles that have sold more than a million copies. I sometimes wonder how much money sony makes of the ps2?

Just a pity that the PS2 hasn't been selling software *that* well recently. Sony made heaps of money of it in the past - not as much recently.

Its still profitable though, and that is why Sony want to keep it running for as long as possible. I wonder if it will still be around next Xmas...

I don't imagine we'll ever have a situation like the PS2 had - ever again. It was so dominant, and launched early - it had ALL the support that counted.

Ummm ... the DC launched early , and had tons of support ,but still died . Alos , no wonder that the PS2 is not doing so well in terms of software , its getting in its 8th year . Lets dont forget , that in the EU and Japan its kicking the 360 software wise :D

If Sony shipped 130m consoles and sold 113m the retailers must have 17m in stock. I dont think Sony has shipped 130m and I dont believe that PS2 has only sold 113m must be near 120m now.