By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS2 is the gaming GOD in sales!

fazz said:
How is that everyone is forgetting that the Gamecube had the best rated game of the past generation? (Metroid Prime)

GTAIII and Halo are what happened.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
leo-j said:
grandmaster192 said:
Leo-J, are you saying KH2 is better than Zelda: TP?

Never played zelda have no opinion on it.

WHA?!?!?!??! Your credibility goes out the door then... you just told us you played the best the cube offered and yet you missed out on 3 incredible Zelda games on the cube. Kingdom hearts wishes it were a Zelda game ;)

I played Kingdom hearts and it bored me to death... the camera was HORRIBLE! Who's idea was it to put the worst camera ever into a 3d game? Unless you did a lock on to an enemy you couldn't see where the heck they were.

Leo do you still have your cube?  If so... some of us would like to donate you a copy of a Zelda game.  

I have all my consoles.

N64,GC,and PS3.

I want to know WTF is wrong with your hands? Most of you guys take the GC controlller form the ps3 controller.. before I go on the GC controller is a great improvement over the N64 controller, but the when I went to play some mario sunshine the other day the controller was awckward.

mM

It is odd the PS2 seems to be considered the best console last gen due to sales, yet KH as a franchise pales in comparison to Zelda sales (and Mario beats all other franchises hands down.

My favorite game series is Mario, Soriku.

I'm a playstation guy with the taste of a Nintendo guy.

leo-j said:
DarkNight_DS said:
leo-j said:
grandmaster192 said:
Leo-J, are you saying KH2 is better than Zelda: TP?

Never played zelda have no opinion on it.

WHA?!?!?!??! Your credibility goes out the door then... you just told us you played the best the cube offered and yet you missed out on 3 incredible Zelda games on the cube. Kingdom hearts wishes it were a Zelda game ;)

I played Kingdom hearts and it bored me to death... the camera was HORRIBLE! Who's idea was it to put the worst camera ever into a 3d game? Unless you did a lock on to an enemy you couldn't see where the heck they were.

Leo do you still have your cube? If so... some of us would like to donate you a copy of a Zelda game.

I have all my consoles.

N64,GC,and PS3.

I want to know WTF is wrong with your hands? Most of you guys take the GC controlller form the ps3 controller.. before I go on the GC controller is a great improvement over the N64 controller, but the when I went to play some mario sunshine the other day the controller was awckward.

I'm going to try and track down a used copy of Wind Waker at a decent price for you. If I bought it... would you play it? I see you live in the states which is fine... as long as your willing to PM me your address I'll ship it to you... wait till I pick it up for you though.  Actually since you have an N64...  I could also send you OOT.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

You guys are crazy.
Zelda's a great franchise, and the GC did have some good games.

But saying TP, WW, and Sunshine are better than MGS2/3, GTAIII/SA, Shadow of the Colossus/ICO, FFX/XII, Okami, the Ratchet games, among many, many others, is obviously subjective.

In my opinion there are at least 3 or 4 games on the PS2 that are better than any other last generation, Xbox or GC. But in the end, that would be my opinion.

Soriku said:
KH > Mario > Zelda > GoW

'nuff said.

FF pwns all then :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I own a PS2 and GC and there are plenty of good games on both. Its WAY too difficult to try and compare game libraries though, especially with opinions like Zelda>>>KH. So does one game justify all?!?

Going strictly off of IGN, GC had:

36 games classified Outstanding
9 games classified Incredible

PS2 had:

109 Outstanding
35 Incredible

Now, especially in the inredible department (9.5+ score) that's pretty phenomenal (granted like half of them are GTA). Now you can say IGN is anti-Nintendo all you want, but I can't see anyone saying there isn't SOMETHING to play in that list on PS2.

@takeru51, how can you not find games??!? You must have very picky tastes. Are you saying you haven't played a Square game since Super Mario RPG??? No Final Fantasy????

Prediction:

The PS2 & PS3 will outsell the Wii in 2008.

Lifetime sales of PS3 in Japan will be at least 8 million consoles.

Quickdraw McGraw said:
You guys are crazy.
Zelda's a great franchise, and the GC did have some good games.

But saying TP, WW, and Sunshine are better than MGS2/3, GTAIII/SA, Shadow of the Colossus/ICO, FFX/XII, Okami, the Ratchet games, among many, many others, is obviously subjective.

In my opinion there are at least 3 or 4 games on the PS2 that are better than any other last generation, Xbox or GC. But in the end, that would be my opinion.

Shadow of the Collossus was a Zelda game that lacked polish and an overworld with life. ;)

GTAIII and SA were not the best GTA game on the PS2

Ratchet was Spyro the dragon in a prettier suit

MGS2...   you mean the snakeless MG?

FFX, worst voice over work ever!

I have all the games you listed, I liked them all.  They all have their faults though.  Not that they weren't fun.  I had a lot of fun with them.  Wind Waker was my favourite game last gen.  Not that it was the best game for everyone, to each their own.  You can easily pick apart Wind Waker for it's sailing. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Yeah, nothing will ever sell as fast as PS2.  Chart

I'm so glad we have such informed users on this board.  I don't suppose you are trying to simply get a last "Go Sony" in before it becomes completely ignorant to suggest such a congratulations, which by some standards has already passed.  Not that I don't think 130 million shipped is commendable, but when multiple consoles are on track to sell more, "PS2 is the gaming GOD in sales" is a bit of an overenthusiastic statement.