By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS2 is the gaming GOD in sales!

How is that everyone is forgetting that the Gamecube had the best rated game of the past generation? (Metroid Prime)

Around the Network
TWRoO said:

If we are talking hardware quality, GC pwns all of this and last gens home consoles.

Hardware quality consists of a number of things IMO;

physical durabilty [GC>XB>>>>PS2]
electronic durability [GC>>>XB>>PS2]
design [GC>PS2>>>XB] (PS2 slim would be above GC though)
hardware capabilities (tech specs) [XB>GC>>>>PS2]
controller (yes it is part of hardware) [GC>>PS2>>>>XBsmall>>>>>>>>>>>XB]
practicality of design [PS2>>GC>>>>>>XB]

by the way i basically made all that up on the spot.

looking at my recently made up list, and taking into account various weighting i am going to apply to stuff (ie controller is more important than the design)

I can easily see GC>>>>>PS2>>XB.
What was wrong with the GC was it set of on the wrong foot and had a poor selection of third partys on board etc

If i apply the same things to this gen I would say
Wii>PS3>>>360 (you can tell i don't put much of a weight onto tech specs)

None of the above however manages to affect the sales much... sales are down to games and marketing for the most part.

Sorry but your a bit off.

Hardware: 

GC>Xb>>>>PS2 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Xehanort will kill all!!

mM

I didn't play Metroid Prime... in fact i still haven't played a Metroid game even though i was planning on getting MP3.

@Soriku... OMG death threats. I have two choices, either report you.... or in typical Soriku style;

Windwaker > ChibiRobo > Wave Race Blue Storm > Rogue Squadron2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> clayfighter 33 1/3 > superman 64 >>>> Kingdom hearts.

Yeah ssj12, the Xbox was a tad bit more powerful than GC, mainly because of more RAM and a bit more advanced GPU (and fastest too).

Around the Network

@TwRoo

Your going to far, KH >>> FF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dragon quest>>>zelda

:P

mM
leo-j said:
grandmaster192 said:
Leo-J, are you saying KH2 is better than Zelda: TP?

Never played zelda have no opinion on it.

WHA?!?!?!??! Your credibility goes out the door then... you just told us you played the best the cube offered and yet you missed out on 3 incredible Zelda games on the cube. Kingdom hearts wishes it were a Zelda game ;)

I played Kingdom hearts and it bored me to death... the camera was HORRIBLE! Who's idea was it to put the worst camera ever into a 3d game? Unless you did a lock on to an enemy you couldn't see where the heck they were.

Leo do you still have your cube?  If so... some of us would like to donate you a copy of a Zelda game.  

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

ssj12 said:
TWRoO said:

If we are talking hardware quality, GC pwns all of this and last gens home consoles.

Hardware quality consists of a number of things IMO;

physical durabilty [GC>XB>>>>PS2]
electronic durability [GC>>>XB>>PS2]
design [GC>PS2>>>XB] (PS2 slim would be above GC though)
hardware capabilities (tech specs) [XB>GC>>>>PS2]
controller (yes it is part of hardware) [GC>>PS2>>>>XBsmall>>>>>>>>>>>XB]
practicality of design [PS2>>GC>>>>>>XB]

by the way i basically made all that up on the spot.

looking at my recently made up list, and taking into account various weighting i am going to apply to stuff (ie controller is more important than the design)

I can easily see GC>>>>>PS2>>XB.
What was wrong with the GC was it set of on the wrong foot and had a poor selection of third partys on board etc

If i apply the same things to this gen I would say
Wii>PS3>>>360 (you can tell i don't put much of a weight onto tech specs)

None of the above however manages to affect the sales much... sales are down to games and marketing for the most part.

Sorry but your a bit off.

Hardware: 

GC>Xb>>>>PS2 

Hmm well i wasn't sure myself, I know XB generally has higher numbers for most of the stuff in it, but I know Nintendo are incredible at making less = more.

I thought when it came down to it XB could do some things GC couldn't, while GC could do some things XB couldn't.

I owned all three of the last generation home consoles (and a GameBoy Advance), and I played my GameCube far and away more than my PS2 or Xbox. I actually buy very few multi-platform games, and when I got them I got them on GameCube because I liked the controller the most and it had the shortest load times.

I actually tend to buy very few poor quality games, and as such my gaming library is pretty small, but I get a lot of mileage out of a game if I buy it. If you look at my games they're almost all exclusive to their respective platforms.

I played my Xbox the least, and right now it's sitting on the floor quite literally under a layer of dust. Most of this is probably because I thought Halo 2 was at best a decent game, and I didn't have Xbox Live because I didn't get a credit card until after I graduated high school.

I bought my PS2 for one reason only, and that was DDR. I ended up getting Battlefield 2 for it and an online adapter for free (which was great) and I spent a lot of time online with that. But other than DDR and Battlefield I haven't been able to find any games I really like on it. I've played some of the "greats" like God of War (I found it repetitive. Truth be told, I don't really even like the old 2D Mario games that much and I've never played Mario 64 for fear of the same reason, but Mario Sunshine changed my mind about Mario games.) and Shadow of the Colossus (I wrote a thread on my complaints with that) and nothing on the PS2 has ever really enticed me to play it. I've gone to Gamestop a couple of times before looking for a PS2 game to play and walking out with nothing. I'm trying to borrow a copy of Kingdom Hearts to see if it's all it's cracked up to be, but I like strategy RPG's a lot more and, IMO, no other RPG will be as good as Super Mario RPG.

My GameCube on the other hand, I found that I could always sit down and play. Since 2003, at least once a year I've sat down and beaten WindWaker, when friends come over we STILL play Smash Bros., I beat both of the Metroids a couple of times, which are now the only FPS's who's console controls don't bother me after getting a Wii. Add to that the fun from Resident Evil 4 and SSX3 (which I can honestly say I've logged far over 100 hours on) and I've had tons of fun with the Cube. I really did think it was the best console, but to each their own I guess.

The GameCube (and DDR) were the only game experiences that could tear me from Battlefield Vietnam last gen. I hardly think that the PS2's success was a fluke, but I have had a very hard time finding games that even look interesting on it.

leo-j said:
@TwRoo
Dragon quest>>>zelda

:P

I'm guessing quest is something considered as a bad game, but i have no idea what it is.
oh wait, it stretched the box, it says Dragon Quest now.
I would have to agree on that statement then leo... the zeld game on CDi was awful.

I think I am against KH because tbh, I don't like many of the old disney characters... 
the best disney characters are in films like Lion King or Bambi.... I mean what the hell is goofy? a dog?
and if so why does he have another dog as a pet.