By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THQ: Games will cost $100 on average next console generation

Lol, if it will indeed be so, then I'll go to full-on retro gaming. Games are too expensive as they are now!

Around the Network

LOL. Then i'm not buying games until they're at the bargain bin. I hope you enjoy not having sales.

NotStan said:
Seece said:
NotStan said:
Seece said:

Games will go up to $70 and £50 next gen, but that's 3 years off at this point. Actually the longer it is, the harder it is to even see a next gen ...

Isn't it technically £50 already? Just the retailers don't have the balls to charge 50, so they all compete with each other and effectively bring that price down to around ~£36-39

Hmm not sure, possibly. I know COD and AC are £45 in some shops

I think COD is the only game that I have seen that launched at over 40. I went to gamestation in vain hope that I can spend my gamestation gift card balance to get me some COD only to find them atrociously pricing that nugget at £45, I humphed, kicked the display Xbox and waltzed off.

Most games seem to have the RRP of 49.99, COD being exception at 54.99. But they still usually sell at like £37.99, so they can go "OMG LOOK ITS £12 OFF, WE'RE SO GENEROUS".

GAME upped DKCR's price to £45 during the holidays. >_<
It's a shame they don't have a bigger competitor.

NotStan said:
Seece said:
NotStan said:
Seece said:

Games will go up to $70 and £50 next gen, but that's 3 years off at this point. Actually the longer it is, the harder it is to even see a next gen ...

Isn't it technically £50 already? Just the retailers don't have the balls to charge 50, so they all compete with each other and effectively bring that price down to around ~£36-39

Hmm not sure, possibly. I know COD and AC are £45 in some shops

I think COD is the only game that I have seen that launched at over 40. I went to gamestation in vain hope that I can spend my gamestation gift card balance to get me some COD only to find them atrociously pricing that nugget at £45, I humphed, kicked the display Xbox and waltzed off.

Most games seem to have the RRP of 49.99, COD being exception at 54.99. But they still usually sell at like £37.99, so they can go "OMG LOOK ITS £12 OFF, WE'RE SO GENEROUS".

gamestation are truly awful for prices, I NEVER buy from there. Check out Tesco and Asda from time to time, they have some pretty good deals on.

What a moron. It won't happen.

I've never bought games so cheap as in this gen. At least over here in Europe there's bargains to be found everywhere even on brand new games and they drop in price extremely fast (weeks rather than months).

So the trend is towards cheaper games, not pricier.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Fuck that shit!

^ I like this guy.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

well that definitely explains why some of those pc games are $100

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

If a future game is 100USD(Assuming that's what he means) or 73.54 Euros, it better be worth it!

I'll just do what I did this gen and buy 360 games once in a blue moon and unless they're 30USD or less.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I remember paying around $100 for Phantasy Star IV when it was released in 1994.  Optical discs are what drove game prices down for the past few generations for the most part.

I still don't see what all the "HD costs" are since a lot of games haven't been true HD resolution.

Honestly i am not surprised, though i must say the industry really needs to figure out how to make cheaper games, current budgets of 10 to 20 million for HD titles are barely sustainable at the moment and increasing the cost of development will just make things worse for everyone