By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THQ: Games will cost $100 on average next console generation

It hurts just to imagine how much it would cost a game here (Costa Rica), games here are about $60-$90, so $120-$180??? F***

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

lol its already $110 for the blockbusters here down under

Seece said:
NotStan said:
Seece said:
NotStan said:
Seece said:

Games will go up to $70 and £50 next gen, but that's 3 years off at this point. Actually the longer it is, the harder it is to even see a next gen ...

Isn't it technically £50 already? Just the retailers don't have the balls to charge 50, so they all compete with each other and effectively bring that price down to around ~£36-39

Hmm not sure, possibly. I know COD and AC are £45 in some shops

I think COD is the only game that I have seen that launched at over 40. I went to gamestation in vain hope that I can spend my gamestation gift card balance to get me some COD only to find them atrociously pricing that nugget at £45, I humphed, kicked the display Xbox and waltzed off.

Most games seem to have the RRP of 49.99, COD being exception at 54.99. But they still usually sell at like £37.99, so they can go "OMG LOOK ITS £12 OFF, WE'RE SO GENEROUS".

gamestation are truly awful for prices, I NEVER buy from there. Check out Tesco and Asda from time to time, they have some pretty good deals on.

Actually Gamestation is pretty awesome for used games, I never brought a new game from there as I usually purchase mine from the internet, Shopto, Amazon etc. I like their deals, got Bayonetta Darksiders for £20 like 3 months ago :p

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

And all this time I thought Danny Bilson was a pretty reasonable guy...

Well if games become $100 US... It would cost $200 Australia Dollars for a single game... Like as if the prices in Australia aren't high enough!!!

MrBubbles said:

well that definitely explains why some of those pc games are $100

indeed it's astounding more pc devs are not bakrupt... having to make their game scalable to machines surely is an extra cost...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Unless I can enter the game and control it using my brain and emotions then im not paying $100

so its official. the next consoles by sony and ms will have fully dedicated dd.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

SpartenOmega117 said:

maybe games in thext console gen will cost this much but PC games are still usually around $50. That brings up the questions- games usually perform better on PCs but why do pc games still cost less?

The men in the middle need their brooze and hos, too.

IamAwsome said:

Who wants to pay 100$ for ONE game. That is why I like Nintendo's pricing strategy, no games go over $49.99 unless bundled. Sadly, if this is true, piracy will skyrocket, and I will join.

And thank god it's limited to 49.99 at most... it would hurt my ass (if I had a Wii) to buy a game that isn't even able to outdo PS2 graphics (generally) for more than that, when X360/PS3's game are available for 59.99 sometimes...

This is not true. THQ will go bankrupt. Games will be $70-$75 at the most (Or £50 at most)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.