By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THQ: Games will cost $100 on average next console generation

If this were to happen, I think most of my gaming will be done handhelds where games will cost half that.

I mean, I can deal with $60 for a console game, but $100? No, fuck that.

Around the Network

its not that hard with 100 dollars here in australia. You just cant get every game. and get one maybe once an fortnight like myself. 

see i really want to get homefont but because of the price (not even steam helps) i have to wait up to an month and import in. Its the price i have pay in order to save for socom 4 and Portal 2 releasing in the same period which i dont want to wait. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

What a moron. It won't happen.

I've never bought games so cheap as in this gen. At least over here in Europe there's bargains to be found everywhere even on brand new games and they drop in price extremely fast (weeks rather than months).

So the trend is towards cheaper games, not pricier.

He was talking about recommended retail prices, so what you just said is completely missing the point.

No it's not missing the point. The guy is talking revenue and higher average selling price, when the actual trend is going towards lower average selling price.

Some games are already around that price after DLC.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:

Some games are already around that price after DLC.

lol thats so true there already stealthily releasing games for 10 dollars

Around the Network

This makes me think that this will be the gen were I am the biggest gamer after that I am not going to risk money on may games if they even go to $70.

RolStoppable said:

If we want gaming to be taken seriously, then we all have to pay the price. Gamers, publishers and console manufacturers alike. Gaming should not be held back by money concerns.

Youre sarcastic right?

If games go higher than $70, than consider me out of consoles next gen

too much money, I would rather eat than play games anyway

$100 for a game?  Hell to the na

Tell me then, why have highend PC games not jumped in price?

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

fuck that shit!!