By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Since when is truth trolling?    Their methods are spitting images. In my country there used to be a strong communist party, with a stalinist past they now try at all costs to make people forget, I recognize their techniques after a few words.

yeah bored of that, reported you

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

This thread is just hilarious.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:

It is pretty fun, I still don't get how MS uses communist-party-like advertising though. Really, that has got to be one of the dumbest comparisons I've seen on the interwebs yet.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Oh, I forgot another key trait of soviet inspired astroturfing: the password for starting gang attacks on "enemies". The bosses must be very skilled at anger control and start the attack in an apparently mild, detached, almost "neutral" way, that must give third parties the impression they are impartial and objective. In the attack start speeches, some ideology principles the enemy infringed are stated with authoritative, detached and superior manner , as if they were universal principles instead. It so becomes a duty of the whole human kind (and particularly of "professional revolutionaries") to attack the reprobate.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Oh, I forgot another key trait of soviet inspired astroturfing: the password for starting gang attacks on "enemies". The bosses must be very skilled at anger control and start the attack in an apparently mild, detached, almost "neutral" way, that must give third parties the impression they are impartial and objective. In the attack start speeches, some ideology principles the enemy infringed are stated with authoritative, detached and superior manner , as if they were universal principles instead. It so becomes a duty of the whole human kind (and particularly of "professional revolutionaries") to attack the reprobate.

You're just copying Wikipedia now and posting aload of babble.

Around the Network
NotStan said:

You know what really gets me ._., when people fucking assume that just because their local store has some stock that means EVERYONE IN THE WORLD HAS IT. Seriously, real life examples do not make a shit difference, unless of course you happen to live all over the world and therefore are aware of the stock in EVERY store.

Alby did you just seriously compare an American corporation advertising to the Soviet regime propaganda? I warn you, I did The rise and fall of communist state in great detail in history, and I even lived in an ex-USSR country.

You are too young, and the methods I talk about were mostly used outside of the soviet empire and its provinces, in western countries were there were strong communist parties. Some of the most outdated Italian marxists still use these methods even now.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

NotStan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Wikipedia? Where?

NotStan said:
huaxiong90 said:

It is pretty fun, I still don't get how MS uses communist-party-like advertising though. Really, that has got to be one of the dumbest comparisons I've seen on the interwebs yet.

Advertising and astroturfing aren't the same thing.

AussieGecko said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Since when is truth trolling?    Their methods are spitting images. In my country there used to be a strong communist party, with a stalinist past they now try at all costs to make people forget, I recognize their techniques after a few words.

yeah bored of that, reported you

This has to be the most ridiculous reason for reporting somebody I 've ever seen. And it just confirms some things I suspected.   

Edit: BTW, I never named names, so people that felt butthurt puzzle me.   

Alby_da_Wolf said:
NotStan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Wikipedia? Where?

Your comparison of the modern advertising methods to the previously used soviet propaganda are amusing. You're right, I am sure MS goes off to kidnap a family in order to blackmail opposition, or it opresses any religion or open mindness amongst it's consumers, or claim that the world revolves around MS products. Really the comparison is laughable, what you're doing is reading too much into the events that occur, not everything has a hidden message like it used to in the time of Soviet development. Yeah I may be young, but History is an interesting aspect for me, Soviet Russia in particular so I did pay great attention, as they say "In Soviet Russia, party finds you!".