By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mummelmann said:

Should we rename the site to "Shortagechartz" or "Ragechartz"?

More like

"Underchartz"...

Considering alot of our users liked uncharted.

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:

Ok, my bad.  Let me clarify:  I was referring to PS3 zealots REFERRING to the shortages still in June, not them saying that there were still shortages.  I could've worded it more clearly and that's my fault.

The thing is, as I read what you typed, it still comes off as someone that doesn't want to believe what Microsoft has stated more than once.  Based on what you said, will we have to wait until January and February NPD reports to hear what retailers have to say about the tight supply chain?  What if they choose not to comment on them, does that make them any less real?

MS has given very solid reasons why there are shortages that make a lot of sense, not some wild reasoning.  In fact, I remember reading (spent a sec searching but couldn't find) back in September or October something about MS decreasing 360 production for some reason (if someone knows what I'm talking about please link) for early 2011.  If that was the case, it only substantiates the shortage issue due to the unexpected increased demand from Kinect.

BUT I think its important that this not turn into a "sales would be much higher if not for the shortages" thing like it did last year.  That got so annoying but it happened for almost half of the year with little to no repercussions to those that did it.  I don't want to see that here from the 360 zealots because with the large number of PS3 participants in this community it would only turn into a bigger mess than last years was.  Hopefully this gives some insight into why I was so vocal and impassioned about this NOW...

See I've been the exact opposite, I never really went "Wii is sold out it could have sold more!", "PS3 is sold out it could have sold more!", but when others do I actually read the links and reports of retailers and the companies talking about selling out of their supplies, with the case of MS I really hadn't seen anyone post proof of shortages, and in every store in the two biggest cities in my area (the one I live in and the one I commute to for school) all the stores have a ready supply when in the past when reports of PS3s and Wiis being sold out happened the local area reflected that.  

So it's like first hand experience and some proof to back it up, I really don't question it, but when I really haven't seen much on all these 360 shortage claims and there's a surplus of stocks around here, I am going to ask someone to back up what they say you know? It's only being reasonable.

But like you I also don't want people going crazy about shortage claims, it gets old fast, which is why I avoided sales threads back then, it's just not a good discussion.  Now this, right here is a good discussion on this topic

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

bobbert said:

Woohoo, I only have to hit the power button once! Other than that, it doesn't do anything unless you don't have a universal remote.

I dont thus I want to use bravia sync -.-

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

huaxiong90 said:
Adobo said:

if it werent for Japan, 360 is dead...

Huh?

huh?

Small adjustments? PS3 and 360 swapped places...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!