Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Does it look like there are shortages? Really?  No it doesn't.

What do shortages look like? Are you accounting for the different perspectives between supply side and retail side? Are you also taking into account that shortages means not enough to some degree, not complete absence of supply? Finally are you taking into account that the vgchartz data may not be granular enough to pick up any retail supply issues if the few stores covered aren't also experiencing shortages yet?

Tease.

Mummelmann said:

Should we rename the site to "Shortagechartz" or "Ragechartz"?

Ragechartz would be more usefull

1. SE announces FF13-2: RAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

2. Sony exclusive delayed again: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGEEEEEEEEEEE!

3. Kinect Adventures outselling Wii Sports: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Mummelmann said:

Should we rename the site to "Shortagechartz" or "Ragechartz"?

fukyourconsoleofchoicechartz.com should cover all the options

Also, when did this thread explode?  Started with posts about sales then went of the rails for I don't know how many pages.

I can't believe two electronic devices that offer 90% of the time the exact same experience and have each sold more or less the same given their time on the market can generate such mayhem.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

He said suply was "tight". He didn't said there was shortages, wasn't it?

That being said, there was only 5000 or 7000 remaing units of the X360 after this months suply was almost all sold at retail.

Suply was tight, but the number you see is the actual sales of the thing. Otherwise there would be shortages.

Around the Network

MaxwellGT2000 said:

I didn't ask for links about users talking about 360 shortages, I was asking for the PS3 users claiming there were PS3 shortages in June of last year... otherwise I'm lead to assume you're just making it up, it doesn't add anything to discussion, I told Carl that, and it's not fair to him if he's the only one that needs to respect the content rule. 

And thank you for actually providing some proof from a more credible source than twitter, I'm going to follow through and read up on it, the only thing is like other posters brought up multiple sources claims shortages when Wii was out and when PS3 was out, from stores to the companies themselves, the story you provided me said they had to cut their outgoing shipments for Jan and Feb, but it doesn't mean that limited supply isn't meeting the post holiday demand. 

It's like thats the first step to showing they're selling out, second step is some retailers saying they can't keep the system in stock, but from the sound of it that might only be an issue in other countries.  It's like this when Nintendo and retailers said the Wii was sold out, it was sold out in many stores in my area as well, when it happened with PS3 it happened here as well but not to the level of Wii of course and sales reflected that, and now there's sparse words from MS saying supply is limited, but retailers aren't reporting sell outs and I can easily find a 360 anywhere in my area, so what would you have me believe, a couple of people online or what the evidence has lead me to believe?  Supply isn't as much as they wanted out there but retailers aren't reporting sellouts.

Ok, my bad.  Let me clarify:  I was referring to PS3 zealots REFERRING to the shortages still in June, not them saying that there were still shortages.  I could've worded it more clearly and that's my fault.

The thing is, as I read what you typed, it still comes off as someone that doesn't want to believe what Microsoft has stated more than once.  Based on what you said, will we have to wait until January and February NPD reports to hear what retailers have to say about the tight supply chain?  What if they choose not to comment on them, does that make them any less real?

MS has given very solid reasons why there are shortages that make a lot of sense, not some wild reasoning.  In fact, I remember reading (spent a sec searching but couldn't find) back in September or October something about MS decreasing 360 production for some reason (if someone knows what I'm talking about please link) for early 2011.  If that was the case, it only substantiates the shortage issue due to the unexpected increased demand from Kinect.

BUT I think its important that this not turn into a "sales would be much higher if not for the shortages" thing like it did last year.  That got so annoying but it happened for almost half of the year with little to no repercussions to those that did it.  I don't want to see that here from the 360 zealots because with the large number of PS3 participants in this community it would only turn into a bigger mess than last years was.  Hopefully this gives some insight into why I was so vocal and impassioned about this NOW...

AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:
AussieGecko said:
daroamer said:

Can you recall what happened 2 years ago that finally caused the PS3 to start outselling the Xbox?

Hint: Slim model & price cut

oh he went there

Yep.  And I bought one for $300 which is a far better price that the original $600 for the original model.  Awesome console, man.

I like the Phat, though I wish I had Bravia sync on it :( Ahh well, I have heard that it is on the slim.

From my perspective, the BRAVIA Sync is overrated.

LivingMetal said:
AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:
AussieGecko said:
daroamer said:

Can you recall what happened 2 years ago that finally caused the PS3 to start outselling the Xbox?

Hint: Slim model & price cut

oh he went there

Yep.  And I bought one for $300 which is a far better price that the original $600 for the original model.  Awesome console, man.

I like the Phat, though I wish I had Bravia sync on it :( Ahh well, I have heard that it is on the slim.

From my perspective, the BRAVIA Sync is overrated.

Woohoo, I only have to hit the power button once! Other than that, it doesn't do anything unless you don't have a universal remote.

Looking at the week to week numbers compared to the previous year.  Even with the shortage in the US, it's higly plausible that the Xbox 360 could show us 20 million console sales in 2011.   

Lots of good ideas for renaming the site, thanks all!