By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Universal friend codes, yay!

So this morning we can now confirm that Nintendo 3DS will use a single code. According to NoE it will make multiplayer gaming easier then ever before. Nintendo also hints at an achievment like system saying we'll be able to follow what people are playing. I know I have hated the friend codes with DS and Wii.

Isn't this awsome lets hope theirs still more in store for us when it comes to friend codes!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I know nothing about Nintendo online services. How good is that actually, and how it worked before?

Good. That'll make things so much better.

Yes! Thank god Nintendo decided to improve their online system!

haxxiy said:

I know nothing about Nintendo online services. How good is that actually, and how it worked before?

Well Nintendo DS and Wii both require friend codes for online gameplay. This means a code found in every game you then enter the code and add friends by entering each friends codes individually. Now rather then using a dozen codes per game to play your friends you'll only have to enter one code per friend rather then one per game.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
haxxiy said:

Well Nintendo DS and Wii both require friend codes for online gameplay. This means a code found in every game you then enter the code and add friends by entering each friends codes individually. Now rather then using a dozen codes per game to play your friends you'll only have to enter one code per friend rather then one per game.

Basically the best way to describe it, is instead of PSN Name or XBL name, we are one set of numbers. Before we were a bunch of set of numbers. Also this is actually good news for me because my friends are douches who like putting xBLAHx.

(given I want a system where I can put the names of my friends as whatever the hell I want..but their ID is their unique thing).

This is great news, Nintendo actually did listen to their fans.

Yeah, this makes me very happy for the future on Nintendo's online systems. I'm sure their next home console will have unique friend codes based on your Mii character so you can have multiple accounts like other systems.

Makes far more sense than a code per game ish.

BoneArk said:

If they had listened. We would have had a login service by now.

radiantshadow92 said:
BoneArk said:

If they had listened. We would have had a login service by now.

baby steps.