By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Universal friend codes, yay!

KylieDog said:
Joelcool7 said:

Isn't this awsome

No, user created IDs are awesome, friend codes are not. 

but it is better than how it was before so you should be happy

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Roma said:
KylieDog said:

No, user created IDs are awesome, friend codes are not. 

but it is better than how it was before so you should be happy

A better form of poor is still poor.

Some people never get satisfied that’s for sure :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Sweet, though hopefully it will also be able to show when friends are playing a given game online

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Sweet, though hopefully it will also be able to show when friends are playing a given game online

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=147781...

It seems real now...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Mr Khan said:

Here's a statement from Nintendo (taken from the VGChartz GamrFeed story)

"Fans of online play will be happy to learn that the friend codes for Nintendo 3DS are specific to each Nintendo 3DS system, not each game. Once friends trade hardware codes, at any time they can check their friends list to see which of their friends are online and what they are playing."

Around the Network

I agree with Kylie. It is better but I was hoping for something really way better. If the hardware can be improved to justify a whole new gen, why isn't it the same with the online network?

Not trolling here, its just that I'm sick of friend codes already. It is ok in the DS and Wii, but not in the next Nintendo platforms. My hope for 3DS is lost though. I hope Wii 2 comes with loaded guns for online gameplay. Free of charge too, please.

lol Universal IDs better than friend names?

Fanboys...

Smeags said:

"Fans of online play will be happy to learn that the friend codes for Nintendo 3DS are specific to each Nintendo 3DS system, not each game. Once friends trade hardware codes, at any time they can check their friends list to see which of their friends are online and what they are playing."

While that statement is good news compared to the current system, I'm still worried. Does that mean that our friend codes are locked to the hardware? Will games you buy digitally still only be registered for this device? Can I not use the same code on other systems (e.g. Wii2)?

Smeags said:
Mr Khan said:

Perfect. My main issues with Nintendo's online system were that even after adding everything, it was all a crapshoot. Even with friends you had added, you needed to coordinate with them on when to play together outside the system. Now when i'm bored, get on, and see friends are playing Mario Kart, i just switch cartridges and i'm there

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Smeags said:
Mr Khan said:

That actually doesn't sound too different to how PSN is now... At least the friends list part.

VGChartz