By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy versus XIII still PS3 exclusive

So Versus is still PS3 exclusive...

Onto more important things: When will it released?

Simple. Here's how I found the release date:

Versus XIII. look at the name again. XIII? 13 alone doesn't explain it, but if we take the cross sum, we get 4. There is no 13th month, so the 4 must be for the fourth month. So we already got the date, the 13th of April , but which year?

XIII. The PS3 has a 10 year life plan, The X. The PS3 was released 2006, so ten years after the release is 2016. too late you think? Correct. If we subtract 3 from 2016 (remember, XIII), we get 2013.

The release date is the 13th of April 2013.

You heard it here first.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:

So Versus is still PS3 exclusive...

Onto more important things: When will it released?

Simple. Here's how I found the release date:

Versus XIII. look at the name again. XIII? 13 alone doesn't explain it, but if we take the cross sum, we get 4. There is no 13th month, so the 4 must be for the fourth month. So we already got the date, the 13th of April , but which year?

XIII. The PS3 has a 10 year life plan, The X. The PS3 was released 2006, so ten years after the release is 2016. too late you think? Correct. If we subtract 3 from 2016 (remember, XIII), we get 2013.

The release date is the 13th of April 2013.

You heard it here first.

hmmmm indeed that makes so much sense lol.

Chibi.V.29 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well this is out of Tokyo. Things can change when the US release comes.

The 360 version of FFXIII accounted for about 40% of sales outside Japan. Hence, Square might change their tune when they bring Versus outside of Japan.

You have to remember though the ps3 version acouted for 60% of the sales without any advertising what so ever. The game had an xbox exclusive ad champaign.

What does it matter? Final Fantasy fans bought it for whatever console they owned regardless of the logo that showed up at the end of the commercial.

A lot of Final Fantasy fans didn't buy a PS3. A lot of them got a 360 and this is the real reason why the 360 version sold well. Not the ads.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Another title I'll buy at launch... I got XIII first day, happy about it!

Mr Puggsly said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The 360 version of FFXIII accounted for about 40% of sales outside Japan. Hence, Square might change their tune when they bring Versus outside of Japan.

You have to remember though the ps3 version acouted for 60% of the sales without any advertising what so ever. The game had an xbox exclusive ad champaign.

What does it matter? Final Fantasy fans bought it for whatever console they owned regardless of the logo that showed up at the end of the commercial.

A lot of Final Fantasy fans didn't buy a PS3. A lot of them got a 360 and this is the real reason why the 360 version sold well. Not the ads.

It matter because ff13 sold a hell load more in Europe etc than most of the previous games which would sujest that meant alot of new players where buying it. if all the advertisement wads for 360 it is perfectly logical for me to asume a larger [portion of this new market was infact the xbox audience.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
PearlJam said:

PS2 had a DVD drive, while the GameCube used mini-disks that only held 1.5 GB of data. But only an insane person would argue that the PS2 had better graphics.

Let's not forget that the PS3 has a very limited memory architecture, and only 512 MB of Ram. If it had maybe twice the memory of the 360, people making these claims would have a point. You could have GBs worth of data, but you still have to work with the limited RAM.

You forget what kind of RAM is it.

XDR as far as I rmemeber. And compared to good ol' DDR or whatever the 360 has, it's just faster. It's not only numbers, my friend.

Xen said:
PearlJam said:

PS2 had a DVD drive, while the GameCube used mini-disks that only held 1.5 GB of data. But only an insane person would argue that the PS2 had better graphics.

Let's not forget that the PS3 has a very limited memory architecture, and only 512 MB of Ram. If it had maybe twice the memory of the 360, people making these claims would have a point. You could have GBs worth of data, but you still have to work with the limited RAM.

You forget what kind of RAM is it.

XDR as far as I rmemeber. And compared to good ol' DDR or whatever the 360 has, it's just faster. It's not only numbers, my friend.

I think it should be noted that the GDDR-3 interface is 1.4 GHz *effective* clock in the same way that XDR is 3.2 GHz *effective* clock. GDDR-3 transfers 4 bits per clock relative to the DRAM, by using a 4-bit fetch width and a DDR (2bits per clock) bus that is twice as fast as the DRAM clock speed. Meaning a 1.4 GTransfers/sec rate = 700 MHz bus clock (DDR) = 350 MHz DRAM clock. 1.4 GTransfers per second * 128 bits wide bus = 22.4 GB/sec.

In XDR's case, it transfers 8 bits per cycle relative to the DRAM. This is done in a similar way, except the otherwise DDR bus is 4x as fast as the DRAM clock instead of just twice as fast (and of course, the fetch width is 1 byte). So 3.2 GTransfers per second = 1.6 GHz bus clock = 400 MHz DRAM clock. 3.2 GTransfers/sec * 64 bits wide bus = 25.6 GB/sec.

Chibi.V.29 said:

Another thing you have to consider is that FF13 most likely split the already existing fanbase.  Especially if you look at games in the series that have sold more on one console, which at the time of release probably had a smaller install base than the PS3 plus 360.  My guess would be that it would have sold the exact same if it was a PS3 exclusive.  Might have pulled off a little more with the included hype of it being exclusive. 

thismeintiel said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Another thing you have to consider is that FF13 most likely split the already existing fanbase.  Especially if you look at games in the series that have sold more on one console, which at the time of release probably had a smaller install base than the PS3 plus 360.  My guess would be that it would have sold the exact same if it was a PS3 exclusive.  Might have pulled off a little more with the included hype of it being exclusive. 

This is what i think :/ dont think it would have sold much more but with it being on one platform and a completely exclusive and dedicated ad champaign for the ps3 it could have dont it ^^

Well we will never know what could have happend ^^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Chibi.V.29 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

It matter because ff13 sold a hell load more in Europe etc than most of the previous games which would sujest that meant alot of new players where buying it. if all the advertisement wads for 360 it is perfectly logical for me to asume a larger [portion of this new market was infact the xbox audience.

FF13 sold a lot more than most games in series everywhere. I don't think you're taking into consideration it was a very hyped release and the first HD Final Fantasy game. The first PS1 and PS2 releases did really well too.

There are a lot of reasons why FFXIII performed well on the 360. Exclusive advertising is not very high on my list of reasons though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)