By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy versus XIII still PS3 exclusive

rutea7 said:
Kynes said:

If someone thinks "normal" people (not hardcore users) are going to spend $300 or more to play one game, is deluded. If you already own a 360, you buy that game for the console you already own, most people don't buy a new console to play one game.

i hardly believe at this point, with a games library like the PS3 has, people would need to get it for 1 game.

if you're stealthily impliying PS3 has no games then i'm afraid you're stuck in time.

I'm implying that libraries sell consoles, not single games, not at this point of the consoles life. If FF XIII was an exclusive, at the first/second year of a generation, then maybe it can change some decissions, but at the moment it went to sale,
I'm almost sure that the amount of people who, having a X360, would spend more than $300 to play FF XIII on a PS3 is rather small.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
rutea7 said:
Kynes said:

If someone thinks "normal" people (not hardcore users) are going to spend $300 or more to play one game, is deluded. If you already own a 360, you buy that game for the console you already own, most people don't buy a new console to play one game.

i hardly believe at this point, with a games library like the PS3 has, people would need to get it for 1 game.

if you're stealthily impliying PS3 has no games then i'm afraid you're stuck in time.

I'm implying that libraries sell consoles, not single games, not at this point of the consoles life. If FF XIII was an exclusive, at the first/second year of a generation, then maybe it can change some decissions, but at the moment it went to sale,
I'm almost sure that the amount of people who, having a X360, would spend more than $300 to play FF XIII on a PS3 is rather small.

But for many people, there comes a game that makes you buy a system.  For me, it was Lost Odyssey that made me get a 360.  I already heard of Mass Effect and Bioshock and wanted to play them, but they weren't the games that made me say "I need that system, now is the right time to get it", even if I did eventually get them.