By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy versus XIII still PS3 exclusive

Well this is out of Tokyo. Things can change when the US release comes.

The 360 version of FFXIII accounted for about 40% of sales outside Japan. Hence, Square might change their tune when they bring Versus outside of Japan.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Probably most people that only own a 360 even if the game came to 360 don´t buy it , but they are here crying :S

what would be the point in that.

Fanboys and Logic is an Oxymoron

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Why did I even bother with this thread? It's turned to shit a long time ago.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

thismeintiel said:
PearlJam said:

And very badly I might add. I can take the source PS3 videos and compress them into videos that look/sound much better than the 360 videos and still take up less space. All with amateur tools that anyone can download.

There was also some left-over space on Discs 1-2, only the third disc was full (mostly). With a little more time they could have made some improvements.

But how much space was left over?  Remember that MS reserves ~ 1GB of each disc for security reasons.  So they really on have about 7 GBs to work with.

Not alot, less than a gig each but that's more than enough to improve the videos. Which let's face it, was the biggest problem outside of the lower Resolution. PS3 owners should know by now that a lower resolution is usually the result of "bad ports" or "lazy devs". Unless they're willing to accept that the PS3 is an inferior machine, since there are far more 360 multi-plats that run at a higher res.

About the graphics war bit, as long as PS3 fans keep insisting that any game will get butchered by a 360 port threads will keep degrading into this.

Kynes said:
pizzahut451 said:
Kynes said:
pizzahut451 said:
PearlJam said:

PS2 had a DVD drive, while the GameCube used mini-disks that only held 1.5 GB of data. But only an insane person would argue that the PS2 had better graphics.

Let's not forget that the PS3 has a very limited memory architecture, and only 512 MB of Ram. If it had maybe twice the memory of the 360, people making these claims would have a point. You could have GBs worth of data, but you still have to work with the limited RAM.

And with billion times better CPU

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Im not repeating anything, im just looking at results buddy

Then learn history.

huh?

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
deskpro2k3 said:
PearlJam said:
pizzahut451 said:
PearlJam said:
pizzahut451 said:
PearlJam said:

PS2 had a DVD drive, while the GameCube used mini-disks that only held 1.5 GB of data. But only an insane person would argue that the PS2 had better graphics.

Let's not forget that the PS3 has a very limited memory architecture, and only 512 MB of Ram. If it had maybe twice the memory of the 360, people making these claims would have a point. You could have GBs worth of data, but you still have to work with the limited RAM.

Yeah, and the 360 has billion times better GPU and WAY more RAM. A whole 10MB.

Hence why Xbox 360 is playing catch up with PS3 since 2008

It's the other way around.

CPU and SPU > GPU. take a look at some of the ps3 exclusives coming this year.

Dude you don't have to try to convince me, I consider the PS3 a better machine. But it takes a special kind of stupid to say the CPU is a billion times better.

Talk to me when multi-plats are running/looking considerably better on PS3. Several years in and they still generally run/look better on 360. I care more about multi-plats than any exclusives since my gaming library mostly consists of multi-plat games.

Hahahah LMAO, the only multiplats that actually are superior on Xbox 360 are Bayonetta and Orange Box. The diffrence between other multiplats is so insanely small its ridicilous people actually make comprassion videos.

PearlJam said:
pizzahut451 said:
PearlJam said:
pizzahut451 said:
PearlJam said:

Not really....3 years in row its usually PS3 exclusives that get the best graphics

2008-MGS4

2009-Uncharted 2, Killzone 2

2010-GOW 3, Gran Turismo 5

Xbox 360's domination in graphics has passed a long time ago

Mr Puggsly said:

Well this is out of Tokyo. Things can change when the US release comes.

The 360 version of FFXIII accounted for about 40% of sales outside Japan. Hence, Square might change their tune when they bring Versus outside of Japan.

You have to remember though the ps3 version acouted for 60% of the sales without any advertising what so ever. The game had an xbox exclusive ad champaign.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Mad55 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Probably most people that only own a 360 even if the game came to 360 don´t buy it , but they are here crying :S

what would be the point in that.

To see the internet rage over garbage game, lol

pizzahut451 said:
PearlJam said:
deskpro2k3 said:
PearlJam said:
pizzahut451 said:
PearlJam said:
pizzahut451 said:
PearlJam said:

CPU and SPU > GPU. take a look at some of the ps3 exclusives coming this year.

Dude you don't have to try to convince me, I consider the PS3 a better machine. But it takes a special kind of stupid to say the CPU is a billion times better.

Talk to me when multi-plats are running/looking considerably better on PS3. Several years in and they still generally run/look better on 360. I care more about multi-plats than any exclusives since my gaming library mostly consists of multi-plat games.

Hahahah LMAO, the only multiplats that actually are superior on Xbox 360 are Bayonetta and Orange Box. The diffrence between other multiplats is so insanely small its ridicilous people actually make comprassion videos.

As small as those differences are, they exist and the majority of multi-plats run/look better on 360. Even when they look better on 360 (GTA, Red Dead, COD, Fallout, etc.) PS3 fans tell themselves that their version is better for some reason. And whenever their version is slightly better they blow it out of proportion and blame it on the 360, while the PS3 ports are blamed on lazy devs.