By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy versus XIII still PS3 exclusive

deskpro2k3 said:
PearlJam said:

It's a great looking game on both systems, but it was butchered because they put it on 360.

If it was PS3 only it would have had towns, airships, better story, better characters, online multiplayer and it would have looked a million times better.

FF13 and FF13-2 would fit on a blu-ray disc I bet.

Actually thanks for bringing this up, because you are dead wrong. I looked into it and the ISO for PS3 FFXIII is over 40 gigs. Most of which is Audio/Video.

Unless FFXIII-2 is less than 8 gigs, or you want compressed Audio/Video.

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
deskpro2k3 said:
PearlJam said:

It's a great looking game on both systems, but it was butchered because they put it on 360.

If it was PS3 only it would have had towns, airships, better story, better characters, online multiplayer and it would have looked a million times better.

Actually thanks for bringing this up, because you are dead wrong. I looked into it and the ISO for PS3 FFXIII is 40 gigs. Most of which is Audio/Video.

Unless FFXIII is less than 8 gigs, or you want compressed Audio/Video.

Thats uncompressed on the blu ray, even compressed i'm not sure how much space you would save. the 360 version was compressed.

but i'm guessing from the speed they've got this sequel into production means that it will have significantly reduced volumes of cutscenes, (video/audio), so its possible depending on the final game. because we know most of the data of FF13 was cutscenes.

and i think that was one of the criticisims of FF13, that there were too many cutscenes with relation to the ratio of gameplay, so i think the speed of the development means a lot less sound and video. as i think that the motion capture for cutscenes and voice recording took a substantial amount of time for FF13.

A203D said:
PearlJam said:
deskpro2k3 said:
PearlJam said:

Actually thanks for bringing this up, because you are dead wrong. I looked into it and the ISO for PS3 FFXIII is 40 gigs. Most of which is Audio/Video.

Unless FFXIII is less than 8 gigs, or you want compressed Audio/Video.

Thats uncompressed on the blu ray, even compressed i'm not sure how much space you would save. the 360 version was compressed.

but i'm guessing from the speed they've got this sequel into production means that it will have significantly reduced volumes of cutscenes, (video/audio), so its possible depending on the final game. because we know most of the data of FF13 was cutscenes.

and i think that was one of the criticisims of FF13, that there were too many cutscenes with relation to the ratio of gameplay, so i think the speed of the development means a lot less sound and video. as i think that the motion capture for cutscenes and voice recording took a substantial amount of time for FF13.

And very badly I might add. I can take the source PS3 videos and compress them into videos that look/sound much better than the 360 videos and still take up less space. All with amateur tools that anyone can download.

There was also some left-over space on Discs 1-2, only the third disc was full (mostly). With a little more time they could have made some improvements.

How did this devolve into a grfx war?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

PearlJam said:

And very badly I might add. I can take the source PS3 videos and compress them into videos that look/sound much better than the 360 videos and still take up less space. All with amateur tools that anyone can download.

There was also some left-over space on Discs 1-2, only the third disc was full (mostly). With a little more time they could have made some improvements.

But how much space was left over?  Remember that MS reserves ~ 1GB of each disc for security reasons.  So they really on have about 7 GBs to work with.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:

How did this devolve into a grfx war?

i know right prob why alot of people stopped posting lol.

I honestly am shocked the game isn't going multi-platform and to me seems like a very bad business decision for square-enix.

But I'd be getting it on PS3 anyways so to me it doesn't really make a difference what platforms it comes out on.  Though it needs to release sooner rather than later, the wait for this game has gotten to true annoying stage.

PearlJam said:

lol, this made my day, thank you

Attoyou said:

Its Coming to 360, It might end up a timed ps3 Exclusive But it is Coming to 360.

and Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be released on XBOX 360 to just wait for E3 2011,2012.2013,2020 XD

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Probably most people that only own a 360 even if the game came to 360 don´t buy it , but they are here crying :S

what would be the point in that.