By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 custom firmware bricking 60 GB consoles

dsister said:
Wagram said:
ukeatdabian said:

stupid sony,I hope hackers can quickly release new firmwares and jailbreak tools to help us easier hacking ps3

I hope you brick your console.

I hope your console bricks

I hope console bricks you.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

So the hackers/pirates are killing themselves?  Wow, I guess Sony doesn't really have to do anything.

Edit:  Also I guess the PS3 does still do everything.  Include self-terminating when it is hacked.

Mr Puggsly said:
dsister said:
Wagram said:
ukeatdabian said:

stupid sony,I hope hackers can quickly release new firmwares and jailbreak tools to help us easier hacking ps3

I hope you brick your console.

I hope your console bricks

I hope console bricks you.

That only happens in Communist Russia.

What is it with 60GB PS3's????

I love the (lol)s

"Being single is easier on the gaming life, and the wallet."

Around the Network

I love the (lol)s

"Being single is easier on the gaming life, and the wallet."

Seece said:

What is it with 60GB PS3's????

They're great - built to handle everything it seems.  Guess they removed the bit that does this in the slim - must be kicking themselves!

Actually, I'm not sure why it only seems to brick Phats, but you don't want to be bricking those - assuming you have the BC as well as the extra ports, etc.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

It's only bricking the oldest consoles, the ones with 256MB NAND, not the slims, or the newer fats, and it's recoverable with a ps3 usb dongle.

LOLOLOLLLOLOLO

HAHA serves people right, allthough the useless geohotz version works fine i heard, all that one does is emulator support and allows you to install homebrew, no backup manager support

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1