By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 custom firmware bricking 60 GB consoles

BlueRabbit17 said:
stopstopp said:
BlueRabbit17 said:

Wow,why so many people hating on hacking ps3?

Its like you worship sony

Its their console,they bought it,they have the right to do with them whatever they want

No its because your a damn pirate and we are gonna burn you at the stake for ruining next gen sony console.

SHUNNNNNN!!!!!

As I said,I hacked it to use emulators on it,thats it.Not to pirate games,and actually thats a lot more complicated than just installing some emulators,and I dont want to go through all that problem.And piracy didnt killed anything,you dummie

That was a joke. Although I went overboard sorry about that.

Around the Network
Seece said:

What is it with 60GB PS3's????

Oldest model.....therefore mot likely to get YLOD anyway.

VGhippy said:

I'm not sure why people are happy about this, it could cost Sony millions. Sony subsidized some of those consoles to the tune of hundreds of dollars and are now going to get a much lower return of them as they have prematurely bricked it.  If Sony could target the ones screwing up online that would be one thing, but as this seems to affect any homebrewer regardless of motive then this is a huge financial blow to Sony.

1. Sony wouldn't get any money from them anymore anyway since they would have backups ;)

2. If they want to play PS3 games they will need new PS3 now - new PS3 = money for Sony.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The Anarchyz said:
Mr Puggsly said:
dsister said:
Wagram said:
ukeatdabian said:

stupid sony,I hope hackers can quickly release new firmwares and jailbreak tools to help us easier hacking ps3

I hope you brick your console.

I hope your console bricks

I hope console bricks you.

That only happens in Communist Russia.

... in Soviet Russia

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The Anarchyz said:
raptors11 said:

Hahahaha that's Karma for everyone! I'm glad they're being bricked.

Karma? this has not anything to do with karma, modding a console is a risk that lies in you and only you, everybody knows that...

Hacking your console so you can pirate games (which is stealing) is wrong; having your console brick because of it is justice. Therefore Karma. 

Around the Network
raptors11 said:
The Anarchyz said:
raptors11 said:

Karma? this has not anything to do with karma, modding a console is a risk that lies in you and only you, everybody knows that...

Hacking your console so you can pirate games (which is stealing) is wrong; having your console brick because of it is justice. Therefore Karma. 

Yeah, I *rarely* believe anyone that comes on here trying to defend themselves saying they only use it for homebrew, or they're only demoing the game, or they're going to buy it later, they'll buy it once they finish the game, or any of the other bullshit excuses.  I accept that people that only use things like the Jailbreak for homebrew exist, I just don't often believe random user is one of them (for instance, I actually believe Euphoria).So yeah, karma is a bitch. 

Deprive developers of their hard earned money, you lose your PS3.  I am all for that.

twesterm said:
raptors11 said:
The Anarchyz said:
raptors11 said:

Yeah, I *rarely* believe anyone that comes on here trying to defend themselves saying they only use it for homebrew, or they're only demoing the game, or they're going to buy it later, they'll buy it once they finish the game, or any of the other bullshit excuses.  I accept that people that only use things like the Jailbreak for homebrew exist, I just don't often believe random user is one of them (for instance, I actually believe Euphoria).So yeah, karma is a bitch. 

Deprive developers of their hard earned money, you lose your PS3.  I am all for that.

Yeah I totally agree with you man. 99 out of 100 times people are just doing it to avoid paying for games and will never buy the game they pirated.

I can see how the 1 out of 100 people would be "testing" the game and buy it later. I kind of do that with music. I'll download it on frostwire or watch it on youtube and if I like enough songs by that artist I'll buy their CD.

raptors11 said:

Yeah I totally agree with you man. 99 out of 100 times people are just doing it to avoid paying for games and will never buy the game they pirated.

I can see how the 1 out of 100 people would be "testing" the game and buy it later. I kind of do that with music. I'll download it on frostwire or watch it on youtube and if I like enough songs by that artist I'll buy their CD.

Watching on you tube is not illegal though, they get revenue from ads.

KylieDog said:
twesterm said:

I debated posting this because I would rather not warn people and let them be stupid and brick their consoles but I couldn't resist because of the picture and the random lol thrown in after "back up."

lawl.

But if you waited someone was bound to brick their own and make a thread, a much bigger laugh.

I didn't want to get banned for laughing too hard at their misery because my exact post would be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Buy legit games, buy legit consoles.  Support, Support, Support.