By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 custom firmware bricking 60 GB consoles

But... but I really wanna "back up" (lol) my games ... Damnit....

Around the Network
twesterm said:

I debated posting this because I would rather not warn people and let them be stupid and brick their consoles but I couldn't resist because of the picture and the random lol thrown in after "back up."

lawl.

gg

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Wagram said:

I found outby reading through some of the brew sites that it is bricking almost every type of model. It isn't just the 60GBs. You should see the rage going on in some of them forums.

Anyone else LOVING this?

dsister said:
Wagram said:
ukeatdabian said:

stupid sony,I hope hackers can quickly release new firmwares and jailbreak tools to help us easier hacking ps3

I hope you brick your console.

I hope your console bricks

I could brick 10 PS3s and still have more than enough money to buy more. :)

BlueRabbit17 said:

Wow,why so many people hating on hacking ps3?

Its like you worship sony

Its their console,they bought it,they have the right to do with them whatever they want

No its because your a damn pirate and we are gonna burn you at the stake for ruining next gen sony console.

SHUNNNNNN!!!!!!

Around the Network

Breaking News: A Console mod bricks some consoles, France wins the World Cup and President Clinton denies having sex with that woman.

Now seriously, I'm for system modifications for a lot of reasons i already discussed (i'm also against piracy or modding to cheat online), and i know those mods are at our own risk, since we are the ones doing it, so if some leechers (not hackers) get their consoles bricked for doing the mod wrong, not following instructions, using a bad CFW, or anything else, so be it, in fact, i even hope for more bricking since most of those leechers are gonna use the work of very talented people for piracy or cheating online.

aaaaa lol.

I'm not sure why people are happy about this, it could cost Sony millions. Sony subsidized some of those consoles to the tune of hundreds of dollars and are now going to get a much lower return of them as they have prematurely bricked it.  If Sony could target the ones screwing up online that would be one thing, but as this seems to affect any homebrewer regardless of motive then this is a huge financial blow to Sony.

VGhippy said:

I'm not sure why people are happy about this, it could cost Sony millions. Sony subsidized some of those consoles to the tune of hundreds of dollars and are now going to get a much lower return of them as they have prematurely bricked it.  If Sony could target the ones screwing up online that would be one thing, but as this seems to affect any homebrewer regardless of motive then this is a huge financial blow to Sony.

We're laughing at the individuals who opted to hack instead of keeping their machines untouched and then will probably have to buy a new one.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

stopstopp said:
BlueRabbit17 said:

Wow,why so many people hating on hacking ps3?

Its like you worship sony

Its their console,they bought it,they have the right to do with them whatever they want

No its because your a damn pirate and we are gonna burn you at the stake for ruining next gen sony console.

SHUNNNNNN!!!!!

As I said,I hacked it to use emulators on it,thats it.Not to pirate games,and actually thats a lot more complicated than just installing some emulators,and I dont want to go through all that problem.And piracy didnt killed anything,you dummie