By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 custom firmware bricking 60 GB consoles

why would you even mod a 60G, I thought they were more expensive than regular new ones no? (i haven't followed much)

Anyways, always wait for V2.0 when you install something dodgy...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

lolololol

that is all

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

twesterm said:

I debated posting this because I would rather not warn people and let them be stupid and brick their consoles but I couldn't resist because of the picture and the random lol thrown in after "back up."

lawl.

Well, not really random, since it's clearly included to ridicule the notion that people would be using custom firmware for legitimate purposes. 

Sorry I'm just sick to death of the overuse of the word 'random'.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Serves them good and right!

Proud owner of the PSone original, PSone slim, PS2 slim, PS3 slim, PSP-3000.

37 PS3 games and counting.

blaydcor said:
twesterm said:

I debated posting this because I would rather not warn people and let them be stupid and brick their consoles but I couldn't resist because of the picture and the random lol thrown in after "back up."

lawl.

Well, not really random, since it's clearly included to ridicule the notion that people would be using custom firmware for legitimate purposes. 

Sorry I'm just sick to death of the overuse of the word 'random'.

Man, random response.

I randomly hate it when people randomly criticize random things.

Random.

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:

why would you even mod a 60G, I thought they were more expensive than regular new ones no? (i haven't followed much)

Anyways, always wait for V2.0 when you install something dodgy...

Yeah, it would be very stupid to mod a 60GB since it has full backwards compatibility. 

Twesterm, I don't know much but could sony's solution be to release this model (One of the best models, despite it being the number one YLOD one! :P

I found outby reading through some of the brew sites that it is bricking almost every type of model. It isn't just the 60GBs. You should see the rage going on in some of them forums.

Wagram said:

I found outby reading through some of the brew sites that it is bricking almost every type of model. It isn't just the 60GBs. You should see the rage going on in some of them forums.

Well, I can honestly say I found this hilarious, and I don't really care as much about piracy as the rest of the people here. 

Acevil said:
Wagram said:

Well, I can honestly say I found this hilarious, and I don't really care as much about piracy as the rest of the people here. 

They all deserve it IMO.