By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Dec 2010 Thread (Nov 28-Jan 1, data at 6:30 PM ET)

Given the momentum the 360 had in the latter half of 2010 and kinect's launch  , a sub-2 million December is not a great result at all.

Around the Network

For those who are saying the X360 was hhugely overtracked let me tell that it also was completely soldout here in Mexico and Kinect was impossible to find standalone

kowenicki said:

right off to bed... I shall check back in the morn...

have fun kiddies.

You could very well be browsing throught dozens of pages by then lol

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

360 did better than that we all know it i believe its NPD just stealth adjusting for its Nov numbers i think they did the same last year during Dec aswell

Play Me

Because a great number looks less great when you could have sold more? Its the same as Wii in 2008. Nintendo could have sold 12m instead of 10m that year. 10m is still great, but its dissapointing against 12m. Same thing applies to X360 here.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

right off to bed... I shall check back in the morn...

have fun kiddies.

come on, stay for the fun

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
BHR-3 said:

360 did better than that we all know it i believe its NPD just stealth adjusting for its Nov numbers i think they did the same last year during Dec aswell

Oh, come on! That's taking excuses to a whole new level. I doubt it was undertracked last month. Nobody's even insinuating that demand was small for 360 (yet) - it was just the shortages.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

So with Jan and Feb stock depleted, maybe PS3 can beat 360 WW until March when they supposivly get stock sorted, and then 360 can go straight to 1st for the foreseeable future.

i hope 360 doesnt get adjusted down 700k

toastboy44562 said:

i hope 360 doesnt get adjusted down 700k

It most likely will. Don't worry, they can always pull a 2010 and have YOY on that.