By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Dec 2010 Thread (Nov 28-Jan 1, data at 6:30 PM ET)

Seece said:
palancas7 said:

Can somebody clarify this?

On an SKU basis, games that are in the top 10 for the month that aren't reflected in our title-level best-selling list include Kinect Sports from Microsoft, UDraw Studio with UDraw Tablet from THQ, and Dance Central from Microsoft.

Does it mean those games just missed the top 10?

It means individually

So something like this I imagin

1. Call of Duty BO 360
2. Epic Mickey
3. Ass Creed 360
4. Kinect Sports

(extreme example but you get the point)

Thanks.

Holy shit @ UDraw then. O_O
It even outsold GT5.

Around the Network
johnglen said:

Apparently kinect sports and dance central are in the single SKU top-10 along with U-draw . No GT5 there .

That is pretty impressive for both of them It seems both  Dance Central and udraw are undertracked then.

1.9 million for the Xbox is very impressive It's funny how the only people who seem dissapointed by that number are the Vgchartz community. It's their best month ever which I do not understand how that translates to dissapointing.

Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:
Seece said:
palancas7 said:

On an SKU basis, games that are in the top 10 for the month that aren't reflected in our title-level best-selling list include Kinect Sports from Microsoft, UDraw Studio with UDraw Tablet from THQ, and Dance Central from Microsoft.

It means individually

1. Call of Duty BO 360
2. Epic Mickey
3. Ass Creed 360
4. Kinect Sports

ahh not inlcuding multiplats? I get it :)

? *sigh* no.

Let me do this. It means the old format where multi platform titles weren't grouped together. 

Also Add: Bundle Titles are not including in either format. 

Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:
Seece said:
palancas7 said:

It means individually

1. Call of Duty BO 360
2. Epic Mickey
3. Ass Creed 360
4. Kinect Sports

ahh not inlcuding multiplats? I get it :)

? *sigh* no.

I see cod BO 360 and Ass creed 360 in the list, meaning they don't inlcude PS3 versions, I'm trying to udnerstand see.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

forest-spirit said:
palancas7 said:

From what I understand those are in the Single Platform Top 10.

Yep. The Top10 we saw is all platform combined (explains why some games are in Top10 btw :p).

Around the Network

So what did we have GT5 down for then as  Gaf seem to think it mega bombed?

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Kenology said:

Doubt it.  All those sequels are going to sell to the existing base.  The 360 is selling to new customers due to Kinect.

yeah just like uncharted 2 did in 09 it blew U1s LT in no time and everyone got owned in my 2M end of 09 thread, i believe some of those up there will also do the same they will shock most meta and sales wise

and whos to say that the future move titles wont sell HW to new owners

Uncharted 2 didn't sell all those PS3's, they sold themselves and Uncharted 2 was the big game that holiday so was naturally picked up the most (out of exclusives) You're as bad as those saying NSMB sold all those Wii's last holiday.

i didnt say it sold all those ps3s but mentioning kenology will be wrong about those games selling to exiting base of there first games most of those games have move support aswell coupled by my belief that they will surpass there predecessors both in gameplay online functionality and graphics

theres a good chance that those games will bring new ps3 owners

I do believe that the 360 may outsell the ps3 this year, but I think people underestimate the power of sequels, especially ones to AAA games. Games like UC3 and Gears of War 3 and Halo Reach will sell/ have sold many consoles, and those are just examples off the top of my head. I actually think that sequels to pre existing franchises may push more consoles than new ips.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

ethomaz said:

And software???

I'm going now... happy numbers for all.

@toastboy yeah I hope 360 overtracked in others regions too... get adjusted down 1M to match your previews shipment number at over 50m (VGC had it over 51M).

You hope?

Acevil said:

Speaking of which, can we dig up those lovely Leo-J predictions and start mocking him again? Or is that just way to mean?

Here you go.

ethomaz said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Gran Turismo 5 not in TOP10 make me a really sad person... party now.

Karmas a bitch, huh?