By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leave it to Razer to make a real motion sensing controller that works

ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

I see quite some lag in that video.  Also, it was completely wired to the PC as of this time.  Wireless is pretty much necessary for motion controls lol.  Looks like the PS Move except it uses 2 nunchuck things and looks like it lags more.

The difference is that the controller supports all fields of motion and can tell its location. Also its a youtube video, it lags. I've seen many earlier demos which it was very smooth. I think it was just the video. Also wireless really is the last part of a design process. The original Move and Wii controller demoes were wired.

thats why Move uses the camera and the colored light actually, there is no difference.

This doesn't need a light or camera.

its the same though, sensor or camera.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

I see quite some lag in that video.  Also, it was completely wired to the PC as of this time.  Wireless is pretty much necessary for motion controls lol.  Looks like the PS Move except it uses 2 nunchuck things and looks like it lags more.

The difference is that the controller supports all fields of motion and can tell its location. Also its a youtube video, it lags. I've seen many earlier demos which it was very smooth. I think it was just the video. Also wireless really is the last part of a design process. The original Move and Wii controller demoes were wired.

thats why Move uses the camera and the colored light actually, there is no difference.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

How does it work? How does it knows your actual position? Its obvious it can track your movement, left/right as well as forward/backward. But does it really know the position of the player? (how far from the computer you actually are)

ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:

What a strange graph. Gyrometer gives the absolute orientation, its reliable and predictable as well as having a low latency. Im not saying the Razer controller doesnt do it faster though. Also, the title is false representation, it says they comparing the different types of 3D controller. Thats some big bulls*** since the 3D controllers on the market (Move, Wiimote, Kinect) all use more than 1 technology.

Icyedge said:
ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

How does it work? How does it knows your actual position? Its obvious it can track your movement, left/right as well as forward/backward. But does it really know the position of the player? (how far from the computer you actually are)

Magnetic field. And the somewhere between the Wiimote and Move which like the chart above says 3 -5 meters or I'd figure for a PC monitor to see properly typical distance from monitor or a bit farther, connected to big screen tv 10 like any controller.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network

its actually more advanced that move, and it lags less because there is almost no process done with a camera that has to be tracking something, which always causes some delay in the process, still i fell bad for razer because its a great product but we all know wont sell many units.

(any ps fanboy that says they see lag, just go look at any kz3 video using the move, they will notice the same amount of lag or more and thats because of the TV)

ssj12 said:
Icyedge said:
ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

Magnetic field. And the somewhere between the Wiimote and Move which like the chart above says 3 -5 meters or I'd figure for a PC monitor to see properly typical distance from monitor or a bit farther, connected to big screen tv 10 like any controller.

Ok, so I guess you have a magnetic emitter/receiver plug through USB on the computer. Good idea, Ill try that when it comes out. With that video, the only advantage worthy for me is dual analog. Move is already precise enough.

Icyedge said:
ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:

What a strange graph. Gyrometer gives the absolute orientation, its reliable and predictable as well as having a low latency. Im not saying the Razer controller doesnt do it faster though. Also, it says they are comparing the types of 3D controller. Thats some big bulls*** since the 3D controllers on the market (Move, Wiimote, Kinect) all use more than 1 technology.

the chart covers that... camera covers PS Eye or Kinect by itself. Added gyro covers Move controller addition. Accelerometer gyro covers Wii Motion Plus. Ultrasonic... I guess Kinect too? Which really
falls perfectly into that chart. The chart covers each individual technology. Combining them gives some improvement with additional cost (like Move which has a $40 controller with a $40 camera plus the need sometimes for a second controller for absolute control).

Also Move and the Wii Remote have limited range of motion considering its easy to block the sensors with just your body. Kinect, well... its Kinect... which has a vastly limited control scheme for a massive price tag.

ssj12 said:
Icyedge said:
ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:

What a strange graph. Gyrometer gives the absolute orientation, its reliable and predictable as well as having a low latency. Im not saying the Razer controller doesnt do it faster though. Also, it says they are comparing the types of 3D controller. Thats some big bulls*** since the 3D controllers on the market (Move, Wiimote, Kinect) all use more than 1 technology.

the chart covers that... camera covers PS Eye or Kinect by itself. Added gyro covers Move controller addition. Accelerometer gyro covers Wii Motion Plus. Ultrasonic... I guess Kinect too? Which really
falls perfectly into that chart. The chart covers each individual technology. Combining them gives some improvement with additional cost (like Move which has a $40 controller with a $40 camera plus the need sometimes for a second controller for absolute control).

You didnt get my point. The title is: "contrasting the different types of 3D controllers". None of those, beside their magnetic controller, is a type of controller.

ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:
ssj12 said:
PullusPardus said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

And PS Move I believe uses an accelerometer, gyro, and camera combined so it can do all that stuff with better range and lower costs.