By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leave it to Razer to make a real motion sensing controller that works

http://kotaku.com/5727146/this-is-portal-2-played-with-a-magnetic-motion-controller

As expected from one of the top PC gaming accessories manufacturers in the world makes a motion controller that works 100%, senses everything, and is the truest 1:1 experience. All thanks to magnetism.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

THere will be Hydra exclusive levels for Portal 2. I prefer Kb/M over motion controlls but for exclusive levels Im getting this day one. Hopefully someone ports it to the 1080p Wii emulator.....then I can join the group of people that say that their Wii's are collecting dust.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:

THere will be Hydra exclusive levels for Portal 2. I prefer Kb/M over motion controlls but for exclusive levels Im getting this day one. Hopefully someone ports it to the 1080p Wii emulator.....then I can join the group of people that say that their Wii's are collecting dust.

motion control can actually be better than kb/m as long as its done right like Razer is doing. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony just don't get it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

I see quite some lag in that video.  Also, it was completely wired to the PC as of this time.  Wireless is pretty much necessary for motion controls lol.  Looks like the PS Move except it uses 2 nunchuck things and looks like it lags more.

nightsurge said:

I see quite some lag in that video.  Also, it was completely wired to the PC as of this time.  Wireless is pretty much necessary for motion controls lol.  Looks like the PS Move except it uses 2 nunchuck things and looks like it lags more.

The difference is that the controller supports all fields of motion and can tell its location. Also its a youtube video, it lags. I've seen many earlier demos which it was very smooth. I think it was just the video. Also wireless really is the last part of a design process. The original Move and Wii controller demoes were wired.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

The difference is that the controller supports all fields of motion and can tell its location. Also its a youtube video, it lags. I've seen many earlier demos which it was very smooth. I think it was just the video. Also wireless really is the last part of a design process. The original Move and Wii controller demoes were wired.

Lag was in the device, not the video.

Seems like a crappy controller to be honest. I think the Move looks more advanced and fluid for the gaming purposes.

This is how motion controls for the core gamer should be like...now with that in mind, once razer discontinues the product from lack of sales, Ill post again :)

nightsurge said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

Lag was in the device, not the video.

Seems like a crappy controller to be honest. I think the Move looks more advanced and fluid for the gaming purposes.

Not really, far from that. The Move is a complete POS compared to the Sixense.

Edit: Also there is no lag. The only lag is the big screen TV because TVs should never be used for PC gaming because they can't handle whats going on. Consoles are fine as the console is limited to one set resolution, PC isn't so the TV has to compensate and rescale the entire image. If you watch the laptop that the guy is looking at there is zero lag.

ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

thats why Move uses the camera and the colored light actually, there is no difference.

PullusPardus said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

thats why Move uses the camera and the colored light actually, there is no difference.

This doesn't need a light or camera.