By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leave it to Razer to make a real motion sensing controller that works

ssj12 said:
CDiablo said:

THere will be Hydra exclusive levels for Portal 2. I prefer Kb/M over motion controlls but for exclusive levels Im getting this day one. Hopefully someone ports it to the 1080p Wii emulator.....then I can join the group of people that say that their Wii's are collecting dust.

motion control can actually be better than kb/m as long as its done right like Razer is doing. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony just don't get it.

I don’t see what your talking about this is nothing the Wii mote with Motion plus can’t do. Don’t tell me you don’t see the lag in the video because there is!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

I see quite some lag in that video.  Also, it was completely wired to the PC as of this time.  Wireless is pretty much necessary for motion controls lol.  Looks like the PS Move except it uses 2 nunchuck things and looks like it lags more.

The difference is that the controller supports all fields of motion and can tell its location. Also its a youtube video, it lags. I've seen many earlier demos which it was very smooth. I think it was just the video. Also wireless really is the last part of a design process. The original Move and Wii controller demoes were wired.

Lag was in the device, not the video.

Seems like a crappy controller to be honest. I think the Move looks more advanced and fluid for the gaming purposes.

Not really, far from that. The Move is a complete POS compared to the Sixense.

Edit: Also there is no lag. The only lag is the big screen TV because TVs should never be used for PC gaming because they can't handle whats going on. Consoles are fine as the console is limited to one set resolution, PC isn't so the TV has to compensate and rescale the entire image. If you watch the laptop that the guy is looking at there is zero lag.

there is actually lag on the laptop as well the same as on the TV :P

sometimes you see what you want to see not what really is there ;)

Roma said:
ssj12 said:
CDiablo said:

THere will be Hydra exclusive levels for Portal 2. I prefer Kb/M over motion controlls but for exclusive levels Im getting this day one. Hopefully someone ports it to the 1080p Wii emulator.....then I can join the group of people that say that their Wii's are collecting dust.

motion control can actually be better than kb/m as long as its done right like Razer is doing. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony just don't get it.

I don’t see what your talking about this is nothing the Wii mote with Motion plus can’t do. Don’t tell me you don’t see the lag in the video because there is!

Correct me if im wrong but wii motion plus doesnt detect depth. It detect a forward and backward movement but not the actual distance. I dont think that how he handle the box in the video would be possible with the Wii mote.

Icyedge said:
Roma said:
ssj12 said:
CDiablo said:

Correct me if im wrong but wii motion plus doesnt detect depth. It detect a forward and backward movement but not the actual distance. I dont think that how he handle the box in the video would be possible with the Wii mote.

Wiimote detects depth with the help of the sensor but that could be done even before WMplus. The stretching of the box is another thing that could be done with the nun-chuck. With the help of pressing a button and tilting it left or right but the nun-chuck is not that accurate but it can be done. That is what he is doing in the video > pressing a button plus waiving the controller left and right otherwise the box would just change form as you are playing. These guys have had a very long time to improve on the controls yet there is still lag :P

Still though the thing is not finished yet so

Haircut = $5

Half life 2 = $10

Razor = $100

New gaming PC = $1000

Not having to hold a glowing pink orb to play motion gaming..... Priceless.

For everything else, there's Gamer Card.

Seriously though, as a huge fan of the Move I can't wait to try this =)

Nvidia 3D powered games with motion controls... *drools* It'll be like being in the game =O

Around the Network

I'm a sucker for motion controls. Thought about getting the ps3 for move as my wii is collecting dust. Will be keeping my on this.

VGhippy said:

Haircut = $5

Half life 2 = $10

Razor = $100

New gaming PC = $1000

Not having to hold a glowing pink orb to play motion gaming..... Priceless.

For everything else, there's Gamer Card.

Seriously though, as a huge fan of the Move I can't wait to try this =)

Nvidia 3D powered games with motion controls... *drools* It'll be like being in the game =O

PC that can run Crysis 2 on enthusiast... like $600 - 700....

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Roma said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:
ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:

I see quite some lag in that video.  Also, it was completely wired to the PC as of this time.  Wireless is pretty much necessary for motion controls lol.  Looks like the PS Move except it uses 2 nunchuck things and looks like it lags more.

The difference is that the controller supports all fields of motion and can tell its location. Also its a youtube video, it lags. I've seen many earlier demos which it was very smooth. I think it was just the video. Also wireless really is the last part of a design process. The original Move and Wii controller demoes were wired.

Lag was in the device, not the video.

Seems like a crappy controller to be honest. I think the Move looks more advanced and fluid for the gaming purposes.

Not really, far from that. The Move is a complete POS compared to the Sixense.

Edit: Also there is no lag. The only lag is the big screen TV because TVs should never be used for PC gaming because they can't handle whats going on. Consoles are fine as the console is limited to one set resolution, PC isn't so the TV has to compensate and rescale the entire image. If you watch the laptop that the guy is looking at there is zero lag.

there is actually lag on the laptop as well the same as on the TV :P

sometimes you see what you want to see not what really is there ;)

of course there is some lag. Even wired controllers and mouse/keyboard have some lag to them (1-2 fps typically). Its mostly the drivers that cause them. Of course I'm one of the few gamers still around that can count/react in a single frame in most games so I guess the lag you see and the lag I see is vastly different. This is new tech, it has some bugs to work out, but the lag differences between whats on the laptop and the TV is within 6-8 frames per second. Laptop to motion of the person 4-6 frames, person to tv 9-12. That can be cut down quite a bit through drivers and a stronger CPU on that laptop. Considering the physic calculations needed for that controller, I'd much rather it be calculated on a GPU rather them CPU.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Why is there so much confusion about "other" company technologies. What works is research. Also just to make a mild rub. I linked to this companies webpage early last year.... notice how no poster knows about it. I think that speaks volumes of those who don't actually read posts :D It seems and is. That posting is about praising your biased company and ignoring it's faults while at the same time bashing another companies and ignoring how the technology actually works. I was dumbfounded to hear Sony and MS fans still wondering about Wii Motion controls 3 years later when the respective companies started talking about theirs.

Anyways's. I'm biased towards magnets. I love magnets. Magnets are AWESOME. So go go magnets.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

ssj12 said:

Except for ultrasonic, PS Move uses all of those sensors - camera, accelerometers, magnetic field sensors and gyroscopes.