By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leave it to Razer to make a real motion sensing controller that works

mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:
mantlepiecek said:

I find it odd that when Sony decided to come up with Move people decided to call them wii-rip-offs!!11!!

And now razor is doing the same thing(even much better according to OP) people don't care about it at all.

Personally, its obvious that PC does everything better than the consoles, the only thing it doesn't do as good as PS3 is MLAA, and even that will be solved someday.

New (Series 5 and 6) AMD graphic cards do MLAA in every game, with great results.

Razor isn't known to have been spreading FUD about your rival's control method, and then to take a similar approach two years later. Sony and Sony fans have ridiculed the Wii since it's inception.

And? That doesn't stop razor from being a "wii rip off" either. Hypocrisy at its finest.

And according to Digital Foundry, MLAA on PS3 is a bit better than the PC one at least when compared to God of war 3. And all because of the cell processor.

Being an Open CL solution, AMD can program it the way they want. The Cell can't do it in any different way than a DX11 Open CL compatible graphics card, it's only a different algorithm. That's all.

Regarding Hypocrisy, it's much more hypocritical to disdain a console and it's control pad to copy it afterwards.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:

New (Series 5 and 6) AMD graphic cards do MLAA in every game, with great results.

Razor isn't known to have been spreading FUD about your rival's control method, and then to take a similar approach two years later. Sony and Sony fans have ridiculed the Wii since it's inception.

And? That doesn't stop razor from being a "wii rip off" either. Hypocrisy at its finest.

And according to Digital Foundry, MLAA on PS3 is a bit better than the PC one at least when compared to God of war 3. And all because of the cell processor.

Being an Open CL solution, AMD can program it the way they want. The Cell can't do it in any different way than a DX11 Open CL compatible graphics card, it's only a different algorithm. That's all.

Regarding Hypocrisy, it's much more hypocritical to disdain a console and it's control pad to copy it afterwards.

So we agree that people who call move a wii-rip off are hypocritical? I agree that if Sony disdained wii then they are hypocritical as well.
And about the cell, I didn't mean its better than amd, I meant its pretty awesome for a 4 year old processor to do this kind of stuff. 

LOL. it works EXACTLY like the Move does! except that the Move is wireless, and it actually WILL have support from major companies....

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:
mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:

So we agree that people who call move a wii-rip off are hypocritical? I agree that if Sony disdained wii then they are hypocritical as well.
And about the cell, I didn't mean its better than amd, I meant its pretty awesome for a 4 year old processor to do this kind of stuff. 

Any processor can do it.

mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:
mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:

To add to this discussion. What I remember reading, and it was also my point of view, was a disdain of the focus on casual game, not the motion technology by itself. "waggle" was often use to illustrate the easy and casual game where you could simply shake the controller to play.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:
mantlepiecek said:

Any processor can do it.

Not as efficiently as the spu's though.

Looks cool, but since it is on PC it will only ever receive niche status.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

ithis said:

The Move has a magnetic sensor, doesn't it?

yeah it is what is used on the xmb.  A magnetometer decides on its orientation and tells you its position relative to the Earth's magnetic field.. it doesn't need the eye to work.  what I was wondering is, is this the same tech. maybe more magnet-o-meters inside.

here is the article about the first controller to use magnetometers:
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6234451.html

edited: after article was found.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).