By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PlayStation Move is doing phenomenally - EEDAR Analyst

kowenicki said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

While Kinect has "surpassed even the most bullish estimates" as analysts enthuse about motion revolution

With the new breed of motion control filling the stop-gap left by where we would once expect a new console cycle, analysts have expressed their delight at the festive performance of both PlayStation Move and Xbox 360 Kinect.

"Among all the analysts, I was the most bullish, forecasting five to six million in sell through by the end of the year," EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich told Eurogamer.

"While Microsoft announced 8m in 'ship-in', it would imply at least 6.5m units, surpassing even the most bullish of estimates."

But to mistake Kinect's huge success for some sort of failure on Move's behalf is foolish, Divnich adds.

"The PlayStation Move is doing phenomenally and certainly Sony should not be disappointed by their holiday results," he added.

Advertisement

"Yes, in comparison, the Kinect did outsell the Move, but that shouldn't discount the tremendous success the Move has had over the holidays. Selling in over four million of anything in this sector is an incredible accomplishment, even if a competitor sells more."

"Even without the official December figures in, I have no doubt in concluding that both the Kinect and Move saved the holiday season from what would have been a disastrous situation of negative dollar comparisons. If Nintendo 'saved' us in 2008 and 2009, Microsoft and Sony returned that favour in 2010," he concluded."

Source

I think this is a concept that get's missed around these forums a lot. Just because the competition does better doesn't mean the other isn't doing well, tho some would try to imply so for silly bragging rights

Yeah beacuse the opposite number are way above that arent they?

Anyway.... I dont know how to gauge MOVE success any more.  It may be selling very well, but as long as its just an alternative control system then it is never going to drive major revenue beyond the peripheral itself.  Its actually becoming a rather pointless comparison

You are not worth a reply, but for once pls stop trolling anything sony related. Thank you

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Move succeeded because it's more mature than the Wii and therefore it isn't embarrassing to play it when friends come over.

Exactly like Blur! Now we can play like big boys.

Above: still the best game of the year.

How many Move games were in the NPD Top Ten the past 2 to 3 months. Move has been on the market since what September right? How many Move Bundles did Sony sell with the huge NOV numbers of 530,000 systems? According to Patcher Kinect out sold Move what 2 or 3 to one. Kinect Bundles sold 700,000. So Move Bundles were 200,000 in Nov.

People were in the business of moving Hardware! If Tom whose on his 3rd 360, or Dick with his original Phat PS3 by Kinect or Move. It doesn't really help them that much. They want the never had an HD system customer to pick up a new Bundle. Accessories doesn't move the market share line!

Move is a failure because it is not moving any PS3 Hardware. Maybe in Europe, but in the States, and Japan. It's a Bomb! To believe anything else is wishful thinking of a Fanboy!

I'll leave it with this since it seems like there are a lot of threads like this on here.

Nintendo better not have out sold the PS3/360 in Dec. The bigger the gap the less of an impact their motion controllers had. Since the only reason they both exist is to try , and take Nintendo's Money! 

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

Kinect and XB360 outsold Move and PS3 by quite a large margin this late Autumn and Xmas.

So the reason why some Kinect and XB360 fans (but also just Sony haters not necessarily MS fans) feel so butthurt about Move and PS3 results is a total mystery for me...

Anyway, only how sales curves will evolve in the next months and quarters will tell us for sure if those sorely hurt butts were uncannily accurate prophets or not. 

O-)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

kowenicki said:
Cthulhu said:
kowenicki said:

Yeah beacuse the opposite number are way above that arent they?

Anyway.... I dont know how to gauge MOVE success any more.  It may be selling very well, but as long as its just an alternative control system then it is never going to drive major revenue beyond the peripheral itself.  Its actually becoming a rather pointless comparison

You are not worth a reply, but for once pls stop trolling anything sony related. Thank you

You arent worth a reply either... but...

please describe in what way my post is trolling...?  

stop being so defenseive, my post actually agrees with some aspewcts of the OP.  

So, in your words and using reverse logic, if Kinect just becomes an added feature (say to navigate menus or simple control within a game) in most of the games that use it within the next year or so, we won't be able to decide if it's a success or not, regardless of sales?  Hmm.  I'll keep that in mind.

Around the Network

It had a good Christmas but because the competition had an amazing Christmas it will always appear that it failed. Having said all that if you have a PS3 you need Move and for the 360 it is Kinect. Despite the amazing Christmas unless Kinect continues to pull in casuals this could certainly be a case of winning a battle but not the war.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

psmove would have done better if it had a $500m marketing campaign like kinect.

but im glad it didnt otherwise the hardcore games would have taken a hit (as demonstrated by xbox/kinect)

I think the reason MS fans is acting this way is because they know deep inside that with the Kinect success, unlike the Move, MS will be pushing Kinect games like crazy and pushing back the few core games they actually have. I actually think they are going 100% Kinect next Gen, how beautiful.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The Move is performing very well, relative to the PS3. Relative to the Xbox360 and Kinect or relative to the Wii, Move is severely underperforming.

The OP seems to marginalize the actual success level of the Kinect. The Kinect did not "edge out" the move. In direct competition, it dominated it and continues to do so. The face that Move sold units was predetermined by the logo on the box. The Kinect is a runaway success that outsold estimates exponentially. That is why people have made such a bid deal about it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.