By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan and WW up 1st Jan

Good start of the year for the Wii, how long can it continue?

I reckon around 35/52 weeks in the year

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
thx1139 said:
Acevil said:
thx1139 said:

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

Subtract out  2 titles for each Wii sold in areas other than Japan. Subtract out Forza 3 sales assuming they were Holiday bundle. Do not subtract out WiiFit Plus or Kinect Adventures because you did have to pay extra to get them even thought they came with a device.

Doesn't the Kinect Bundle Xbox 360 bundle come with Adventures?

Just include all software....the companies that bundle them carry the cost of bundling.

You have to pay $100 more to get it.  You cant purchase a Wii without games (except in Japan).

That's not true. The two 360 Kinect bundle has Kinect Adventures.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-Console-Kinect/dp/B003O6EE4U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1294418040&sr=8-5

Product Features
Edition: 4GB Kinect Bundle

Kinect sensor
Built-in Wi-Fi
Xbox LIVE
Xbox 360 wireless controller
Kinect Adventures game

Product Features
Edition: 250 GB Kinect Bundle

Jump, dodge, and kick your way through exciting adventures set in a variety of exotic locations with Kinect Adventures
Xbox 360 console includes built-in Wi-Fi for easy connection to Xbox LIVE, and comes with matching black controller and headset
Get off the couch and into the game by using your body as the controller with Kinect
Control your Xbox 360 with a single gesture or wave of the hand
Connect with friends and family with easy and interactive gameplay, video chat, and more

And you have 2 360 SKUs that correspond to them that are $100 less expensive. So you can choose to purchase a 4GB SKU for $200 or choose to also get Kinect and Kinect adventures for $300.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
ethomaz said:
thx1139 said:
Acevil said:
thx1139 said:

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

Subtract out  2 titles for each Wii sold in areas other than Japan. Subtract out Forza 3 sales assuming they were Holiday bundle. Do not subtract out WiiFit Plus or Kinect Adventures because you did have to pay extra to get them even thought they came with a device.

Doesn't the Kinect Bundle Xbox 360 bundle come with Adventures?

Just include all software....the companies that bundle them carry the cost of bundling.

You have to pay $100 more to get it.  You cant purchase a Wii without games (except in Japan).

That's not true. The two 360 Kinect bundle has Kinect Adventures.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-Console-Kinect/dp/B003O6EE4U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1294418040&sr=8-5

Product Features
Edition: 4GB Kinect Bundle

Kinect sensor
Built-in Wi-Fi
Xbox LIVE
Xbox 360 wireless controller
Kinect Adventures game

Product Features
Edition: 250 GB Kinect Bundle

Jump, dodge, and kick your way through exciting adventures set in a variety of exotic locations with Kinect Adventures
Xbox 360 console includes built-in Wi-Fi for easy connection to Xbox LIVE, and comes with matching black controller and headset
Get off the couch and into the game by using your body as the controller with Kinect
Control your Xbox 360 with a single gesture or wave of the hand
Connect with friends and family with easy and interactive gameplay, video chat, and more

And you have 2 360 SKUs that correspond to them that are $100 less expensive. So you can choose to purchase a 4GB SKU for $200 or choose to also get Kinect and Kinect adventures for $300.

Ohhhh I understood now. Anyway there are no Kinect without Kinect Adventures (at least in NA)... bundled with 360 or not.

I thought Japan xmas peaked later than ours? Is it downhill in Japan from now on?

DKCR already the best selling western developed game in Japan this generation, and it's actually tracking ahead of DKC2/3/64 going by Famistu numbers.  Amazing really, it's going to be a million seller and probably then some... lol, I can't help but remember when certain posters (who shall remain nameless) were saying it's the same (disappointing) story as GT5 and insisting I was trying to "make thing look better than they really are" when I compared DKCR's sales to the DK series historically. How's that crow taste boys? ;)

Around the Network

DKCR soon to hit 1M in Japan! and Wii to top 85M next week.  Kirby's epic yarn a million seller!

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

jarrod said:

DKCR already the best selling western developed game in Japan this generation, and it's actually tracking ahead of DKC2/3/64 going by Famistu numbers.  Amazing really, it's going to be a million seller and probably then some... lol, I can't help but remember when certain posters (who shall remain nameless) were saying it's the same (disappointing) story as GT5 and insisting I was trying to "make thing look better than they really are" when I compared DKCR's sales to the DK series historically. How's that crow taste boys? ;)

I remember someone originally putting down 1.5m as their estimate for the game's lifetime sales in the prediction thread.  

I think I put something like 800k fw and 7.5m lifetime, which I don't think is too bad

Nintendogamer said:

DKCR soon to hit 1M in Japan! and Wii to top 85M next week.  Kirby's epic yarn a million seller!

Yep, 1 mill for Kirby, well deserved...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

MrT-Tar said:
jarrod said:

I remember someone originally putting down 1.5m as their estimate for the game's lifetime sales in the prediction thread.  

I think I put something like 800k fw and 7.5m lifetime, which I don't think is too bad

I expected lower than you actually, like 600k.  Then during the first week I looked at historical DK series sales, and realized it was going to be way bigger considering the sort of modest debuts and long legs DK games have.  1.5m is pretty high but not out of the question, amazingly...

CGI-Quality said:

The 360 is the true winner this week. Kinect continues to amaze me!

Agreed,I wonder how much revenue it generated this week alone,including Kinect and XBL.

Certainly the most money-making system nowadays.