By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan and WW up 1st Jan

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

Subtract out  2 titles for each Wii sold in areas other than Japan. Subtract out Forza 3 sales assuming they were Holiday bundle. Do not subtract out WiiFit Plus or Kinect Adventures because you did have to pay extra to get them even thought they came with a device.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

Subtract out  2 titles for each Wii sold in areas other than Japan. Subtract out Forza 3 sales assuming they were Holiday bundle. Do not subtract out WiiFit Plus or Kinect Adventures because you did have to pay extra to get them even thought they came with a device.

Doesn't the Kinect Bundle Xbox 360 bundle come with Adventures?

Just include all software....the companies that bundle them carry the cost of bundling.

I didn't expect Kinect would do so well.  I thought that if MS made the 5.5 million target it would be a success...

7 million is insane...

Kinect Adventures #1! Omg!

Acevil said:
thx1139 said:

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

Just include all software....the companies that bundle them carry the cost of bundling.

That SKU is more expensive then one without kinect.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Acevil said:
thx1139 said:

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

You can buy Kinect without Adventures?  I never knew that.  Is that all locales?

EDIT: are you sure?  I've never seen any SKU anywhere I shop without KA.  Is this one country only?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
Zlejedi said:
Acevil said:
thx1139 said:

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

You can buy Kinect without Adventures?  I never knew that.  Is that all locales?

No. All Kinect had Adventures... so to know how many sold actually just check the Adventures's sales data.

Acevil said:
thx1139 said:

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

You have to pay $100 more to get it.  You cant purchase a Wii without games (except in Japan).

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

ethomaz said:
Reasonable said:
Zlejedi said:
Acevil said:
thx1139 said:

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

No. All Kinect had Adventures... so to know how many sold actually just check the Adventures's sales data.

That's what I thought.  I was just questioning the post indicating you could get Kinect without KA for less than the price with KA.  Just as with Wii Sports in US I tend to ignore KA sales as meaningful regarding KA but more as a check of the HW sales.  With Kinect they show the bundle vs standalone sales quite nicely.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

thx1139 said:
Acevil said:
thx1139 said:

Software sold

Wii 6.2Million
360 5.0Million
PS3 3.7Million

You have to pay $100 more to get it.  You cant purchase a Wii without games (except in Japan).

That's not true. The two 360 Kinect bundle has Kinect Adventures.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-Console-Kinect/dp/B003O6EE4U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1294418040&sr=8-5

Product Features
Edition: 4GB Kinect Bundle

Kinect sensor
Built-in Wi-Fi
Xbox LIVE
Xbox 360 wireless controller
Kinect Adventures game

Product Features
Edition: 250 GB Kinect Bundle

Jump, dodge, and kick your way through exciting adventures set in a variety of exotic locations with Kinect Adventures
Xbox 360 console includes built-in Wi-Fi for easy connection to Xbox LIVE, and comes with matching black controller and headset
Get off the couch and into the game by using your body as the controller with Kinect
Control your Xbox 360 with a single gesture or wave of the hand
Connect with friends and family with easy and interactive gameplay, video chat, and more