By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kinect is sucessful. What should Nintendo do?

L.C.E.C. said:

My 11 year old cousin knows about RROD... then again, it's happened to their xbox twice and mine once.

And mine 0 times and i bought mine in 2007 or 2008... i really cant remember but none the less. It doesnt happen to every console but if it didnt happen to your cousins would he know what it was do you think?

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Topping the Kinect is gonna be hard. Controllerless gaming is the future.

What could possibly be more innovative other than some sort of improved hardware similar to Kinect?

I hope you're trolling. were you a big supporter of the Eyetoy back in the PS2 day too?

yep, sounds a bit subtle to me.

OT: Nintendo got nothing to worry about. They got some awesome games coming soon.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

FACT: Wii Sports will easily top 100m units if you belive something can top it i can 't say something 

but also take in account that kinect is mainly bought by already xbox owners

Actually I read somewhere that 50% of Xbox 360 sales this holiday season were from the Kinect bundle.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

AussieGecko said:
Raze said:

I can't help but disagree. Sony will want to try to keep this gen going, since they built such a massive system and are still trying to recover market share. Nintendo needs to get into HD, and MS will likely want to re-engineer to finally get rid of the RROD nightmare they've been plagued with this gen. I give it 2 more years at most before we see a next gen console.

Most of the new customers getting a Kinect and Xbox360 dont have any idea about RROD. That is an industry term, that people who frequent gaming sites, or look up things about games for reviews or otherwise. Your common person picking up a console would have noooo idea about RROD. 

That's because the Xbox 360 S failure rate is pretty low. Now, if we're talking about older models...then I can assure you anybody would know of it. RROD is by no means just an industry term.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:

No matter how you spin, or troll, or try to convince yourself otherwise: Kinect is sucessfull. Whether this is good or to what degree is up for debate. (But not here) What I want to discuss, however, is what should Nintendo do about it? Is it taking away sales from the Wii? If so, what will the company do? Will Vitality Sensor be the last hope? Does Nintendo have something up their sleeve? Will they unveil a new console? Basically, what will counteract it, and when will the counteraction be revealed?

Please ask this when Nintendo happens to be trailing Microsoft saleswise worldwide.  They still are on top with the Wii.  This is like asking in a race where you lead, still maintain a lead, and widen it, but a competitor happens to be running faster, and you ask what they have to do, and imply they are DOOMED.  No matter how you spin or troll this, Nintendo is still leading.

L.C.E.C. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Topping the Kinect is gonna be hard. Controllerless gaming is the future.

What could possibly be more innovative other than some sort of improved hardware similar to Kinect?

I hope you're trolling. were you a big supporter of the Eyetoy back in the PS2 day too?

Similarly to digital distribution, disc based gamins is not going away soon (not in at least 30 years or so when full-speed internet is viable for everybody) controllers will NEVER EVER get away from gaming. There might be more controllerless games, but that doesn't mean they will be the only to exist.

Above: still the best game of the year.

huaxiong90 said:

That's because the Xbox 360 S failure rate is pretty low. Now, if we're talking about older models...then I can assure you anybody would know of it. RROD is by no means just an industry term.

Maybe it is just my experience, I work in an electronics store that sells game consoles laptops gps etc. Anyway if a customer brings one in and i see the red lights I said RROD or red rings of death, about 1/10 people know what I am talking about. Maybe it is just the parents that i see i dont know, but the term at least where I work is not that common. 

People keep saying that Kinect is doing well and not providing any links that prove so. All I know is Nintendo isn't in any danger just because Microsoft sold a couple million Kinects over Christmas.

L.C.E.C. said:

It does more, I've played it and I'll say that too, but really, you don't think they're similar at all?

If he thought that "controller-less gaming was the future", then why on earth wouldn't he have been a supporter of the PS2 back in the day?

The rest of it Kinect is the definite future it possibly is, as there was no timeline given he could be right, but in the near future people will have to use Controllers for some games and in the aspect of Kinect there are a wide range of games that work better w/o controller.