By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kinect is sucessful. What should Nintendo do?

Mr Puggsly said:

Topping the Kinect is gonna be hard. Controllerless gaming is the future.

What could possibly be more innovative other than some sort of improved hardware similar to Kinect?

I hope you're trolling. were you a big supporter of the Eyetoy back in the PS2 day too?

Around the Network

Staying on topic (which many here obviously have a hard time doing), the Wii is still selling huge numbers.  I say for now there is no concern for Nintendo.

LivingMetal said:

Yes.  Ever since the inception of the original NES, Nintendo's consoles have been almost all over the map in regards to marketshare.  And they have proven that they can reinvent themselves while still staying true to what they are.  In other words, you always know what to expect from Nintendo which is great.  Life is not about outdoing the "other person."  Life is about bettering yourself while staying true to yourself.  This works for Nintendo because I truly think that Nintendo puts gaming and their fans first.  Microsoft with Kinect on the other hand I think not.  Use some of that $500 million Kinect advertising budget to develop some hardcore games for Kinect to help appease your current fanbase.

The reason why MS has to do this is because they are still fairly new to the console game (in comparison to their current comp) and their last console was not supported very long. Add to this that for some reason some people just have a blind hatred for MS. 

MS has bloody good advertising because with what they are facing with they need it. In aspect of new customer appeal, not hardware. 

That 500 million is not only for Kinect, this has been stated a numerous amount of times, with you in threads, so you have seen this before. Why do you bring the same thing up. 500 million is about Xbox360, damn the new york times, they stated it everybody else ran with it.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

L.C.E.C. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

What could possibly be more innovative other than some sort of improved hardware similar to Kinect?

I hope you're trolling. were you a big supporter of the Eyetoy back in the PS2 day too?

Eyetoy doesnt do what Kinect does, I think you're trolling. 

Again this has been stated, what is with the rehash convos tonight jeepers

AussieGecko said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Eyetoy doesnt do what Kinect does, I think you're trolling. 

Again this has been stated, what is with the rehash convos tonight jeepers

It does more and works better, I've played it and I'll say that too, but really, you don't think they're similar at all?

If he thought that "controller-less gaming was the future", then why on earth wouldn't he have been a supporter of the Eyetoy/PS2 back in the day?

Around the Network
Raze said:

I can't help but disagree. Sony will want to try to keep this gen going, since they built such a massive system and are still trying to recover market share. Nintendo needs to get into HD, and MS will likely want to re-engineer to finally get rid of the RROD nightmare they've been plagued with this gen. I give it 2 more years at most before we see a next gen console.

Most of the new customers getting a Kinect and Xbox360 dont have any idea about RROD. That is an industry term, that people who frequent gaming sites, or look up things about games for reviews or otherwise. Your common person picking up a console would have noooo idea about RROD. 

Nintnedo should make more games.

I LOVE ICELAND!

AussieGecko said:
Dinges said:

Nothing. Wii is still selling better than xbox 360.

used to be everywhere and this week US didnt do the WIi dance.

Still think Kinect is too early to call being successful though

Wii fell not because of Kinect, but because of the holidays ending and because it needs more compelling software

Nintendo's probably has not been Sony or MS this gen, but itself, it has hurt itself by not investing enough in the games that actually sell systems, and instead wasting time on games like Wii Music, Galaxy, Other M, and Skyward, games that will not keep its momentum going

AussieGecko said:
Raze said:

I can't help but disagree. Sony will want to try to keep this gen going, since they built such a massive system and are still trying to recover market share. Nintendo needs to get into HD, and MS will likely want to re-engineer to finally get rid of the RROD nightmare they've been plagued with this gen. I give it 2 more years at most before we see a next gen console.

Most of the new customers getting a Kinect and Xbox360 dont have any idea about RROD. That is an industry term, that people who frequent gaming sites, or look up things about games for reviews or otherwise. Your common person picking up a console would have noooo idea about RROD. 

My 11 year old cousin knows about RROD... then again, it's happened to their xbox twice and mine once.

axt113 said:

Wii fell not because of Kinect, but because of the holidays ending and because it needs more compelling software

Nintendo's probably has not been Sony or MS this gen, but itself, it has hurt itself by not investing enough in the games that actually sell systems, and instead wasting time on games like Wii Music, Galaxy, Other M, and Skyward, games that will not keep its momentum going

UM going into christmas they had Donkey Kong, A new Wii console (the red one), Golden Eye, Wii party, that right tehre is decent artillery. And they sold bucket loads during christmas to show this.