By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kinect is sucessful. What should Nintendo do?

AussieGecko said:
huaxiong90 said:

That's because the Xbox 360 S failure rate is pretty low. Now, if we're talking about older models...then I can assure you anybody would know of it. RROD is by no means just an industry term.

Maybe it is just my experience, I work in an electronics store that sells game consoles laptops gps etc. Anyway if a customer brings one in and i see the red lights I said RROD or red rings of death, about 1/10 people know what I am talking about. Maybe it is just the parents that i see i dont know, but the term at least where I work is not that common. 

I guess...back in 2007, when I only had a Wii, I went with my brother to check out the consoles...the store was FLOODED with bricked 360's, and I'm not kidding. Just about every store was like this...my brother ended up buying a PS3...I couldn't afford a PS3 at the time, and while an X360 purchase was tempting (Halo 3, Gears), the failure rate turned me off.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Why try to compare Kinect (Wii like) add to the Wii system?   Here is a better add on comparison, Wii Fit is over 33 million is sales.  When Kinect reach 20 million, then we'll talk.....Success?  Maybe, but not good enough.

mightyERone said:

Why try to compare Kinect (Wii like) add to the Wii system?   Here is a better add on comparison, Wii Fit is over 33 million is sales.  When Kinect reach 20 million, then we'll talk.....Success?  Maybe, but not good enough.

Can we talk about Wii fit or wii fit plus,the fact is they are like Gold and Silver for Pokemon they really should be counted seperately as a lot of people get both.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

huaxiong90 said:

I guess...back in 2007, when I only had a Wii, I went with my brother to check out the consoles...the store was FLOODED with bricked 360's, and I'm not kidding. Just about every store was like this...my brother ended up buying a PS3...I couldn't afford a PS3 at the time, and while an X360 purchase was tempting (Halo 3, Gears), the failure rate turned me off.

I am going to take it in the assumption you are from US, (numbers wise) I am from Aus so the problem wasnt as prevalent here. In fact Wii or DS... cant remember which recent outsold the ps2, in aus we havent had the ps2 for god knows how long in most stores. I started on a rant about our prices then decided not relevent to convo.

AussieGecko said:
huaxiong90 said:

I am going to take it in the assumption you are from US, (numbers wise) I am from Aus so the problem wasnt as prevalent here. In fact Wii or DS... cant remember which recent outsold the ps2, in aus we havent had the ps2 for god knows how long in most stores. I started on a rant about our prices then decided not relevent to convo.

Well, no, actually, I live in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, to be precise, though I'm of Palestinian origin). Never been to an English speaking country apart from the UK.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:

Well, no, actually, I live in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, to be precise, though I'm of Palestinian origin). Never been to an English speaking country apart from the UK.

Wow, kudos on the English then haha
HA, didnt think the 360 would have sold enough to be a problem in Saudi Arabia. You guys probably got a bad bunch haha

Nintendo Should buy Sega and get them to remake Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Vector man, Eternal Champions and other forgoten classics.

Whats a Kinect?

Squilliam said:

Nintendo should just mind their own business.

What? No way! They should listen to what hardcore internet-dwelling PS360 fans tell them to do! It's crazy to think Nintendo themselves would know what's best for them as a company, while they clearly haven't been doing so hot for the past 6 years or so.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

Yes.  Ever since the inception of the original NES, Nintendo's consoles have been almost all over the map in regards to marketshare.  And they have proven that they can reinvent themselves while still staying true to what they are.  In other words, you always know what to expect from Nintendo which is great.  Life is not about outdoing the "other person."  Life is about bettering yourself while staying true to yourself.  This works for Nintendo because I truly think that Nintendo puts gaming and their fans first.  Microsoft with Kinect on the other hand I think not.  Use some of that $500 million Kinect advertising budget to develop some hardcore games for Kinect to help appease your current fanbase.

The reason why MS has to do this is because they are still fairly new to the console game (in comparison to their current comp) and their last console was not supported very long. Add to this that for some reason some people just have a blind hatred for MS. 

MS has bloody good advertising because with what they are facing with they need it. In aspect of new customer appeal, not hardware. 

That 500 million is not only for Kinect, this has been stated a numerous amount of times, with you in threads, so you have seen this before. Why do you bring the same thing up. 500 million is about Xbox360, damn the new york times, they stated it everybody else ran with it.

Please refresh my memory.  Seriously.

AussieGecko said:
huaxiong90 said:

Wow, kudos on the English then haha
HA, didnt think the 360 would have sold enough to be a problem in Saudi Arabia. You guys probably got a bad bunch haha

Lol, thanks. Mind you, I've been to the UK for only like 6 days.

But I can speak fluently and write like this because I've been in an American school my entire life, and the area I live in is pretty populated with Americans (or was at least, ever since the Al Qaeda attacks, they've been leaving), so yeah...

The 360's doing fine here...granted, not as well as the PS3 or Wii, but still it's fine. However I think piracy played a huge role in the sales.