By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kinect is sucessful. What should Nintendo do?

What should nintendo do? NOTHING IMO.I mean WW is UP and has you can see their consoles, still,  are the most sold, so Nintendo dont need to do anything.

Microsoft and sony should do something, just look at ps3 NA number and then look at 360 japan numbers and also EMEAA (not bad, but its the least sold there).

BTW i dont own any nintendo console (but I am interested in 3DS), PS360 and PC gamer here...

Around the Network

The real question should be, what should Sony do? They still haven't made a profit from the PS3. Nintendo should be fine. I'm not saying they need to do it right now,but, a price cut will really help Nintendo sale Wiis.

BoneArk said:

The real question should be, what should Sony do? They still haven't made a profit from the PS3. Nintendo should be fine. I'm not saying they need to do it right now,but, a price cut will really help Nintendo sale Wiis.

Source or are you taking about ps3 hardware alone, it's pretty obvious that Sony is making a substantial profit from ps3 overall, not to mention every single royalty they get from blu ray is in part because of the ps3, Sony was thinking long term from the start and it looks like it's paying off 

anyways as for the topic, Kinect had the most advertising of anything ever in the highest selling season, so while kinect has sold alot there is no way it can sustain anything near it's pace especially with such weak software and nothing announced I wouldn't be surprised if it's January sales are less then 10% of it's December sales 

manwhoknowseverythin said:
BoneArk said:

Source or are you taking about ps3 hardware alone, it's pretty obvious that Sony is making a substantial profit from ps3 overall, not to mention every single royalty they get from blu ray is in part because of the ps3, Sony was thinking long term from the start and it looks like it's paying off 

anyways as for the topic, Kinect had the most advertising of anything ever in the highest selling season, so while kinect has sold alot there is no way it can sustain anything near it's pace especially with such weak software and nothing announced I wouldn't be surprised if it's January sales are less then 10% of it's December sales 

My bad, your right Sony has made some profit from the PS3. 

Whatever they planned to do in the first place?

Around the Network

"No matter how you spin, or troll, or try to convince yourself otherwise: Kinect is sucessfull"

thats exactly what you have done. play the games then try telling me that with a serious face.

i thought a lot of wii games were bad but after kinect, they dont seem that bad at all.

BoneArk said:

sony's strategy is mainly core gamers and kinect is helping them take xbox users who are pissed of at microsoft for spending more money on kinect than on hardcore exclusive titles.

kinect is a good thing for sony because sony were not after gamers who want to hit a big red ball in the first place.

BoneArk said:

Actually they broke even off the PS3 now.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Nothing. Systems live and die by their software. Kinect has done very poorly with software. Kinect also failed to attract new gamers. It appeals only to current owners, and namely as a tech device. It hasn't shown it's potential as a gaming device.

There is no threat from Kinect. All of it's software is ripe off of Nintendo (which is why the software isn't strong on it). So long as Nintendo makes good games and ideas that the others thought up, they'll be fine.

There isn't a future for Kinect because there is no software.

AussieGecko said:
Raze said:

I can't help but disagree. Sony will want to try to keep this gen going, since they built such a massive system and are still trying to recover market share. Nintendo needs to get into HD, and MS will likely want to re-engineer to finally get rid of the RROD nightmare they've been plagued with this gen. I give it 2 more years at most before we see a next gen console.

Most of the new customers getting a Kinect and Xbox360 dont have any idea about RROD. That is an industry term, that people who frequent gaming sites, or look up things about games for reviews or otherwise. Your common person picking up a console would have noooo idea about RROD. 

I'm not so sure I acan agree here. I mean, perhaps if you're talking about casual gamers buying a 360 just for Kinect, perhaps. But most of the people buying 360s are still in that "core market", who are in the know, and at minimum, would have friends that have mentioned RROD.  I personally feel Kinect was MS testing the waters before the commit to "motion control only" console next gen. I think this is their litmus test.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com