By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you truly loyal to your chosen console manufacturer?

"I, for example, have never bought a non-Nintendo-published system or game."

I don't know if this is a better example of Nintendo's software development capabilities or for Nintendo's inability to get third-party developers on board.

You could really take the best 4-5 games on each Nintendo console and you would have Nintendo only titles. This doesn't work for the PS3 or 360. Here the really great titles are generally third-party. And for loyality? I have a PS3 because the hardware is much better than the 360 (RRoD, looks, media capabilities, included WLAN...) but if the 360 gets really really cheap and won't destroy itself anymore I might get one to play Halo3 and Mass Effects. I think people who don't buy games just because they are not from their personal Developer are stupid.

Around the Network

I buy whatever interests me. Id buy a Wii if it had the games I wanted, but more games I want are on the PS3 so I bought that. Ive had an N64, dreamcast, SNES, NES, commodore 64, Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, PSone; and a PC,but i stopped using that for gaming when Oblivion destroyed my computer.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I haven't read a single thing other than the thread title:

If you're loyal to a manufacturer, you're one of three things:

1. Stupid
2. Young
3. Stupid

Get over it. I like the 360. I admit it. I also like the Wii. Last generation, I really liked the PS2 and Xbox. I bought the GC later and loved some of the games. Good for me!

Fanboys suck.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Eh i am mixed.. but if i had to say, probably Microsoft... because i work with it all day, every day for my career. Lol

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I have always owned Nintendo from the NES too the Wii and all handhelds, nothing else. I have tried PS1, Ps2 and XBOX but i still haven't touched a 360 OR ps3 controller

Around the Network

Off topic for a second. Zack and Wiki is a very good 3rd party game that needs support to get a sequel made. The only problem you might have with it is that some of the puzzles are isanely difficult.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

rocketpig said:
I haven't read a single thing other than the thread title:

If you're loyal to a manufacturer, you're one of three things:

1. Stupid
2. Young
3. Stupid

Get over it. I like the 360. I admit it. I also like the Wii. Last generation, I really liked the PS2 and Xbox. I bought the GC later and loved some of the games. Good for me!

Fanboys suck.

I'm de facto loyal, because of subjective game quality. Is that a bad thing?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

"The only problem you might have with it "

MY problem with Zack&Wiki is the weird japano-anime look. Can't stand it. When I play an adventure I want either great humor like the old LucasArts adventures (DotT ftw) or a nicely presented story like Baphomets Curse. Not to say that it is a bad game but you can have more problems with it than its difficulty .

Okay, I admit it . The games overly cute. But its a sick joke if you've played it. There is nothing in that game that would be easy for a child. Ha ha.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Kyros said:
"I, for example, have never bought a non-Nintendo-published system or game."

I don't know if this is a better example of Nintendo's software development capabilities or for Nintendo's inability to get third-party developers on board.

You could really take the best 4-5 games on each Nintendo console and you would have Nintendo only titles. This doesn't work for the PS3 or 360. Here the really great titles are generally third-party. And for loyality? I have a PS3 because the hardware is much better than the 360 (RRoD, looks, media capabilities, included WLAN...) but if the 360 gets really really cheap and won't destroy itself anymore I might get one to play Halo3 and Mass Effects. I think people who don't buy games just because they are not from their personal Developer are stupid.

As for the first part, it think it is a proof of Nintendos capabilities as a developer. Assuming that the competition don't have problems to get 3rd parties on board. And i made that assumption about competition, since you phrased it as comparision. I could rephrase, that you could take 4-5 best games from each generation, and they would all be Nintendo only titles.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.