By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you truly loyal to your chosen console manufacturer?

No, I am in no way loyal, thank God!
I've played a heap of swell games on many platforms, and I feel sorry for people who can't or won't go crossplatform...
I use my PC most of all, but I also own an old NES, a PSone, an N64 and a PS2.
PS3 will be purchased next year, possibly Wii if Mario Kart turns out okay or some other must have title appears (looks grim so far though).

I've never enjoyed games on the X-box brand though, hard to explain. It's like the original box really wanted to be a hardcore PC, and the 360 wants to be cool but ends up looking too much like it's predecessor somehow. Not my cup of tea tbh.

Around the Network

I don't see loyalty to a console maker as a good thing at all, especially with someone like me who likes almost all genres (except racing, sports, jRPGs and GTA). I own all of the last gen consoles, and the only current gen one I seriously dislike is the PS3, which I also intend to get at some point.

I have my favorites, but don't see them as a reason to skip everything else.

bdbdbd said:
Kyros said:
"I, for example, have never bought a non-Nintendo-published system or game."

I don't know if this is a better example of Nintendo's software development capabilities or for Nintendo's inability to get third-party developers on board.

You could really take the best 4-5 games on each Nintendo console and you would have Nintendo only titles. This doesn't work for the PS3 or 360. Here the really great titles are generally third-party. And for loyality? I have a PS3 because the hardware is much better than the 360 (RRoD, looks, media capabilities, included WLAN...) but if the 360 gets really really cheap and won't destroy itself anymore I might get one to play Halo3 and Mass Effects. I think people who don't buy games just because they are not from their personal Developer are stupid.

As for the first part, it think it is a proof of Nintendos capabilities as a developer. Assuming that the competition don't have problems to get 3rd parties on board. And i made that assumption about competition, since you phrased it as comparision. I could rephrase, that you could take 4-5 best games from each generation, and they would all be Nintendo only titles.
Nintendofans seems to live in a dream world.

I must admit im not totally loyal to the xbox i do own a ps2 and have owned a dreamcast , and i would be lying to u if i said i would never buy a ps3 (if it was cheap enough)

"I could rephrase, that you could take 4-5 best games from each generation, and they would all be Nintendo only titles."

Depends on what you like in games. If you are after games that tell a story Nintendo is probably the worst developer. If you have no problem with playing in a mushroom kingdom or with a hero in green pijamas this may be different.

Again if you are content with Nintendo produces they may be some of the best games but they have some glaring limitations.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
they have some glaring limitations.

Not if you like games without a story. Make no assumptions about other people's preferences.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

"Make no assumptions about other people's preferences."

I didn't. I have not said that they are bad games or that people do not like them. (Which would be ridiculous given their sales numbers) you could even say that the missing story makes them much better for casual gaming etc. pp. But this doesn't change the fact that they are really unsuited for people who like games with great stories which is limiting their target audience.

Jessman said:
Eh i am mixed.. but if i had to say, probably Microsoft... because i work with it all day, every day for my career. Lol
That is not loyalty. That is enslavement.

Kyros said:
"The only problem you might have with it "

MY problem with Zack&Wiki is the weird japano-anime look. Can't stand it. When I play an adventure I want either great humor like the old LucasArts adventures (DotT ftw) or a nicely presented story like Baphomets Curse. Not to say that it is a bad game but you can have more problems with it than its difficulty .

Oooh, I couldn't agree more with you there. If Zack and Wiki had more of a classic adventure look to it, I'd still be thinking about buying it. The anime look really turned me off. Also, the more I see of it, the more it looks like it doesn't play like and adventure game either. It seems to sort of follow the puzzle minigame, cut scene, puzzle minigame... et cetera formula (à la Entombed).

I never touched a playstation controller, so you can call me loyal to nintendo i guess ;)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!