By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you truly loyal to your chosen console manufacturer?

I see many people claiming to be "hardcore" and "loyal" in their game purchasing patterns. Some even claim to be a "fanboy" and defend their chosen system in every topic. I believe this is hypocritical unless you unwaveringly buy from one company and one company only. How many of you are truly devoted to Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo for all hardware, peripherals and software?

I, for example, have never bought a non-Nintendo-published system or game.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Everybody's a hypocrite. It's no big deal.

It's those people who won't admit that they're hypocrites. They're so damn... what's the word?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

No, not really. I love the Wii but it is my first Nintendo console. I would like a little more power on my console but better graphics would not make up for the loss on the control the Wiimote gives on certain games. I expect to be buying a secondary console later on, that is if I can find time among all the recent Wii releases and upcomings. It will probably be a PS3 but I have waivered a bit on that at times as I have seen more games on the 360 that I might want to go with.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

I am loyal. If my Wii breaks down, i have to kill myself.

Anyway, Game boy, you have never really bought a game which is not published by Nintendo? No 3rd party game? You must be kidding.

I have never bought non-Nintendo console, although me and my brothers had PSX, but it was bought by my brother because of the N64 games drought. I did buy Gran Turismo 2 for the PSX (which by the way sucked), and have bought 3rd party games on my Nintendo consoles.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Loyal doesn't mean you can't enjoy other companies' hardware. I'm a diehard Nintendo fanboy. I've bought every one of their consoles and all handhelds except for Virtual Boy. I have every main series Mario game and several Zeldas. They are by far my favourite company and the best developers in the business. I also buy other consoles (all the Playstations and both Xboxes). Does this mean I haven't been loyal to Nintendo?

Around the Network

I've got a Wii, DS, Gameboy Pocket, SNES and NES. I only buy Nintendo consoles. I'm not crazily loyal though. I won't buy a console if it's a flop. I always buy at least one third party game per console.

I have a loyalty to Nintendo as they have a great software library thats nearly always brilliantly optimised for the relevant system.

I have owned a PS1 and Xbox in the past and I will probably get one on the new consoles next year.

I´ve never been loyal to any company,thank god.

bdbdbd said:

Anyway, Game boy, you have never really bought a game which is not published by Nintendo? No 3rd party game? You must be kidding.

I'm not. My parents bought RRR for my brother and Mysims for themselves, but no, I have never willingly bought a third-party game.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I used to be loyal to Sega, but since they died I'm now an MS man. I would consider a switch to Ninty, but if Sony were the only console maker in the game, I would stop playing console games and just upgrade my pc instead.