By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you truly loyal to your chosen console manufacturer?

@Yojimbo: My purpose was to point out, that it's subjective at best, what a person consideres being the best games. And even more, when this whole topic was about persons own views. Still no one really can't say that Nintendos games wouldn't be high quality. The reason why i made that claim in the first place was because i just wanted to argue with Kyros. :) I could have said that i was meaning the subjective point of view, but i wanted to see how fast you post something from gamerankings/metacritic.

@Kyros: Well yes, it depends a lot about the game type. I do agree, that RPG:s and adventure games need a story. Actually the need of story depends a lot about how long continous sessions you need to play the game. For example 5 minutes stages->no need for story, 1 hour stages->story required.

Some racing/fighting games do have stories, but the problem is that their gameplay doesn't drive the story. Definately you could make 20minutes cinematics for the story to the beginning of the game, but it still would be separate from the gameplay.
And what kind of story would for example racing game need? "NAMBLA has kidnapped Michael Schumacher, race your way for the championship before Michael loses his ability to sit". Or "The car manufacturers want to advertise their cars as sporty and cool, so they put up a championship. They also got oil, tobacco and tyre companies to fund the series. Race your way to the championship, so you could earn more money and get laid more often next year".
Now some games just don't need a story, F-Zero GX had the story mode, which was fun as a mission mode, but the small stories it had, were pretty much useless and didn't affect gameplay by any way.

@Sorrow: You made it sound like single console users should put up excuses for them owning only one console. All the consoles definately have games worth of playing, but only rare people have the time and money for all the 3 consoles and all the interesting games. Money of course is the least issue, since it's easy to get more of it. But time, everyone has only 24 hrs a day and people have more important things to do than just play games. So, when you aquire a console, isn't it natural to buy the one you see to fit to yourself and having the best games you want? Anyway, Wii has at the moment more interesting games, than i have time to play, and it also has the best games out of the 3. Most people also don't want to spend money on second or third console, even if they could afford them and have time to play them. And that's really something that doesn't need any excuses.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.