By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you truly loyal to your chosen console manufacturer?

bdbdbd said:
@Kyros: You understood my point, as expected. You're right about the "shallow story" in most Nintendo games, basically Zelda and maybe Fire Emblem (haven't played Fire Emblem, so i don't know) are the only series, that give you the story. Oh, and Paper Mario. But as from gaming aspect, story is secondary. And how many people want a story to a racing game or sports game? Why should a platformer need one? The usual story in Nintendos games is just giving a context for the events, or a frame for them. The stories do not try to explain themselves, in which they are successful.

@Yojimbo: I live in reality. Obviously you didn't understand my point. Name the better games, each gen, than the Nintendo ones.

Nintendo makes great games but you said 4-5 games every generation.

If you look at reviews at gamerankings.

GC,PS2,Xbox,DC Gen

1. Metroid Prime, GC

2. Soul Calibur, DC

3. Resident Evil 4, GC

4. Halo, Xbox

5. Resident Evil 4, PS2

The Gen before.

1. Ocarina of time, N64

2. Tekken 3, PS

3. Mario 64, N64

4. Gran turismo, PS

5. Golden Eye 007, N64.

This does not really prove anything but I felt doing it. Should we look at reviews,sales? Its hard to know how to decide best games. But Nintendo seems to create one of the best games every gen on consoles.

Around the Network

As a former Sega fan I'm certainly not loyal to Sony (the PS3 is my first Sony console anyway and currently one of only 2 Sony devices I have - the other one is a decade old CD Player) and I don't see a reason why I should be , but at the moment the 360 and the Wii have not enough to offer me.

When the Wii was announced I was very excited about it's new control-scheme and I'm still of the firm believe ,that the controlpad finally has to evolve for gaming to reach a new level , but after trying out several games at my friends house , I realized ,that for my taste the Wiimote is not as sophisticated as it should be yet ,so I'll pass on the Wii as long as it's still that expensive , doesn't have the games I would want to play (I'm sorry , but Mario doesn't appeal to me and I have Twilight Princess for GC) and the Wiimote hasn't been enhanced.

The 360 has a couple of really good looking games and some I'm interested in like Lost Oddysse (I wish that game the best) and Viva Pinata and Eternal Sonata long before it was announced to come to the PS3, but that isn't enough to make me buy the console.

no

Yes I am, Nintendo I was, I am and I will be for always loyal to you Miyamoto-sama to Nintendo I will to Zelda I will yes I will be forever loyal !!! just like Link is to Hyrule.

Words Of Wisdom said:
I am loyal to good games.

Nintendo just happens to make a lot of them.

Truth.

@Sorrow880 Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you can't afford to buy every console. Most of the fans I know personally could buy each of the consoles that are out but they choose not to. Be it because the graphics suck or the unit is unreliable or the console is a trojan for other business ventures.

Around the Network

Microsoft? Haha. Noooooo way. (I run Debian on my laptop and will probably never want a Zune). I completely agree with Words of Wisdom. I am loyal to good games.

If you limit yourself to a console strictly for branding you will miss out on alot of great gaming. I do understand though that money doesnt grow on trees, limiting yourself due to financial constraints is different.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Since PSone i've only bought sony products:

- PS1
- PS2
- PSP
- PS3

in that order.

I'm loyal enough that Nintendo is my #1 choice. But I own a ps2 and will probably own a 360 later on down the road. But I prefer Nintendo as Ive owned every console of theirs (besides virtual boy).

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

rickytan said:
Since PSone i've only bought sony products:

- PS1
- PS2
- PSP
- PS3

in that order.

Games? I mean first-party software only too.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I always buy Nintendo first, but I just go where the games are. I bought a wii at launch, a DS within the first year, and a 360 back in august. I want a psp for loco roco and a couple of other games, I think my friend is buying me one for xmas.

At the moment I have no interest in the ps3 because all the games I care about coming on the ps3 are also coming out on the 360.

Edit: I also own a ps1, Gamecube, ps2, gba, gba sp

My SNES broke and my NES was sold. I never owned an N64, I just played my brothers. 

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan