By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you truly loyal to your chosen console manufacturer?

wow, some people here need to try something outside of nintendo, your missing out on too much.

Around the Network

the only loyalty i have is to myself and my family.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I am not loyal to anyone bought Snes,PS1.N64,PS2 in that order dont have nexgen console. I have got both firts party and thirdparty games on all consoles.

--OkeyDokey--: Agree its scary they are missing alot.

Systems i own in order of purchase:

GB Pocket.

GB Color.

N64.

Gamecube.

DS.

Wii.

DSlite.

So i guess that makes me a loyal Nintendo supporter?!

Btw: I'm getting an X360 in Februari... So then, my 100% Nintendo days are over .... Lol.

@ first poster: Do you mean by Nintendo published games, games Made by Nintendo/Published by Nintendo (As in: Geist was made by blablabla but Published by Nintendo or Games that have the Nintendo Seal of Quality?!)

If the latter. I only own Nintendo console games. But PC is a different story (All hail Starcraft )

THE NETHERLANDS

Helios said:
OP: Your elitism sickens me.

And no, I guess I'm not loyal, since I just bought an Xbox 360. Not that there's anything admirable in doing anything less.

Me? I respect others'choices, I'm just saying if you want to call yourself loyal or a fanboy then you have to do it too. Actually I was more interested to see if anyone does what I do. Apparently they don't.

--

"Oh and Gameboy, buying only Nintendo developed games may help their profits, but it hurts them as well since it gives the impression that 3rd parties will not sell on Nintendo consoles."

Well, I honestly (I have tried many other games) don't like games from other companies. It's not a case of fanboyism, as I'm not irrational about it. Oh, and from my perspective there are exactly zero good third party games since Resident Evil 4 Wii is too violent for me and nothing else (possibly Z&W - I'll need to investigate) had any effort in it.

--

"@ first poster: Do you mean by Nintendo published games, games Made by Nintendo/Published by Nintendo (As in: Geist was made by blablabla but Published by Nintendo or Games that have the Nintendo Seal of Quality?!)"

I mean developed by Nintendo, because I class second parties as "Nintendo". Metroid Prime was developed by "Nintendo", but games merely published by them don't count.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Not loyal to anyone however Sony has most catered to my gaming preferences. Just recently bought a Samsung hi def television. At the end of the day I will get what I like and what I feel is worth it. Bravia televisions are fairly expensive here in Australia.

I have always bought a Nintendo system since Nintendo has been around except for the one time that i jumped ship and bought a Sega Genesis because i prefered it to Super Nintendo. So i guess I'm not a fanboy, but I prefer the Nintendo systems on their own merit. Lets put it this way though; if someone put a gun to my head and told me that I have to buy a system from one of the three before any came out I'd buy the Nintendo. So I guess I'm a fanboy but not to the point where I can't be objective. I love contradicting myself. Did any of that make sense?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

No.

amp316 said:
I have always bought a Nintendo system since Nintendo has been around except for the one time that i jumped ship and bought a Sega Genesis because i prefered it to Super Nintendo. So i guess I'm not a fanboy, but I prefer the Nintendo systems on their own merit. Lets put it this way though; if someone put a gun to my head and told me that I have to buy a system from one of the three before any came out I'd buy the Nintendo. So I guess I'm a fanboy but not to the point where I can't be objective. I love contradicting myself. Did any of that make sense?

Yes, it did. That's my position too, except I cannot imagine the situation where a competitor would be more attractive than Nintendo, although if it did happen I would switch.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

No, but I chose a preferred manufacturer in each generation...

first was nintendo, but I had a master system too.
then came Sony, they become my preferred (I also liked nintendo N64 and GC, but never bought it).
Now it is nintendo again. I simply HATE big, noisy and buggy machines and I hope that everybody that try to sell this kind of stuff to loose a lot of money to learn how to make a cool VGC.

btw, two generations using the same controller in sony VGCs is enough, I can't stand it anymore... PS1 controller was worse than N64 one, they shouldn't have kept it in PS2...

www.cuidar.com.br