By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 versus Xbox 360 - End all Arguments - Please Help

@ Willem

If you don't want to be surprised that you cannot play a game anymore due to damages, you should consider the PS3. ( the BR-discs are harder to damage than the average DVD9 discs)

The Blu-Ray drive is also better at reading damaged DVDs, compared to at least the PS2 and 360.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I'd just like to toss in what I've gotten from this so far:

Xbox 360 has the best graphical capability of the two consoles, which can be seen by how complex and detailed the visual aspects of its games are.

PS3 is capable of coming close to par with the 360's graphics so far, but usually requires either a great deal of tweaking to code, or complete redesign of it in order to make it function efficiently enough on the PS3 console to do so.
Where the PS3 actually shines above the competition is in pure, straight number crunching, which actually makes it the best system for AI and having smart CPU opponents.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

What argument you need? LOL.
The only argument is GAMES.

The poower of consoles means nothing, if there are no games, which can show that power. =)

@Grey Acumen.
=)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

360 right now, in two years they will be equal and in 5 years, who knows?

Kasz216 said:
makingmusic476 said:
How's this for a good comparison between the ps3 and 360:

Final 360 development kits arrived in September of 2005 (source - TeamXbox).

Final PS3 development kits arrived in August of 2006 (source - GameInformer).

In just a little over year after receiving final 360 devkits, Epic Games managed to release Gears of War. It was graphically stunning, a true next-generation showcase.

In comparison, just a little over a year after receiving final ps3 devkits, Epic managed to create Unreal Tournament 3, a game that is superior to Gears of War in every way. The character models are more detailed, the environments are larger, and there are more characters on screen at any given time.

Developers are doing more with the ps3 in less time than it took them on the 360. Uncharted is graphically superior to any other console game to date, and Killzone 2 is looking to set the bar even higher.

And what happens if it ends up looking just as well on the 360? It looks better then gears of War did, but note how he doesn't mention how it looks in comparison to the 360 version. Also saying Uncharted is graphically superior in every way is a gross overstatement... as even if it was technically superior in every way, that's not all that matters in graphics.

It should look just as good on the 360, given all the experience Epic has had developing on the 360.  My point was that Epic made a better looking game for the ps3 in the same time it took them to make a lesser game on the 360.

They'll have had more than twice as much time to work with the 360 by the time a 360 port of UT3 hits shelves, so it should look just as good as the ps3 version, and possibly even better.. 

Around the Network

PS3 is most powerful console for today.
PS3 has graphically best exlusive games.
PS3 has most powerful CPU among consoles.
PS3 has most powerful GPU in Shader Operations.
PS3 has 2 pools of memory 256+256, that`s why it`s hard to port gamers from PC or X360. But great for making exclusive games. Because 2 pools with 2 ways can give more data, then one pool with one way.
PS3 will show it`s power in 2008 And already began to show in 3Q of 2007.
Lair, HS, Ratchet, Uncharted, GT5:P CRUSH everything what x3690 has today.
KZ2, FFXIII, MGS4, GT5 will OWN everything what will be relaesed on x360 in next 2-3 years.

PS3 FTW. Unbelievers will suffer in 2008.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Is MikeB making a living by Defending Playstation3?

It is amazing to see, we rarely get fighting posts about console themselves, mostly its about games.

I think it is safe to say both console will not drop out. There will be next generation of both consoles. Chose the games rather then chose consoles.

MikeB said:
@ Quartz

This makes me wonder if it's just poor software design or hardware.

The Halo games and Mass Effect are high profile exclusives, each with enormous development budgets, Halo 2, Mass Effect and Halo 3 are not some early XBox 360 games, the design is easier to get good results early on as it has more in common with traditional solutions especially with the PC, they had very long development times, the XBox 360 has been on the market for two years when Halo 3 and Mass Effect were released.

Unless you want think the game engine devs are incompetent to get the most out of the XBox 360, I think you can come to a conclusion yourself.

Ahahaha

Halo 2 was rushed as hell, and at some point the devs said the texture pop in issue was something they didn't have the time and resources to resolve.

Mass Effect is running on the Unreal 3 engine, and texture pop in is something that has difficulty with. If you've played Gears of War, then you may have noticed that that game had problems with texture loading as well. Now I'm sure MikeB is shitting himself with glee since UT3 doesn't have this problem, but thats because its a multiplayer game that loads a single level at a time. GOW and ME both stream in new areas as the player enters them, which is why pop in is present in those games. Also, ME has plenty of nagging technical issues, which I think debunks a certain someones argument - unless you want to attribute that to hardware. Similarly, Uncharted on the PS3 has texture pop in issues as well. The fact of the matter is its just something that will be seen in games this gen because of the streaming and some hardware limits on both systems.

Now maybe I'll get lucky and MikeB will respond to this by posting pictures of his girlfriend and sister instead of engaging in a meaningful debate. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

1. The OP quoted an article that is ancient, ancient news and I seem to recall that many months ago when I first saw it I concluded that it was biased as hell.

2. Yes, MikeB has once again infested this thread and covered it with his propagandizing.

3. rocketpig, let it go. It's not banworthy and the OP wasn't warth our time anyway.

3a. Frankly I'm very disappointed at what I found in this thread. I thought it was going to be a brave but futile attempt to convince people, especially MikeB, to refrain from starting 360/PS3 fights.

4. Since the OP is worthless, let's all just leave and let MikeB masturbate to his own words.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Crzzynab is a wanker.... your making it like a religion "non beleivers" dude... do you go to the playstation store every sunday and pray?
rant over.

Post Edited by Stof. 

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina