By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 versus Xbox 360 - End all Arguments - Please Help

MikeB wrote:

GPU or access the XDR RAM connected to the Cell (which shouldn't be needed but is possible).

To add to this why it's still interesting, more important than increasing texture memory this also increases texture bandwidth. The latency isn't a big problem for GPUs and RSX has bigger than usual caches anyway.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

He won't stop, it is his passion... he has been glued to this thread.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

@ rocketpig

I don't know whether to put my head through a wall or ban you

Let me guess, you cannot debunk anything I stated. Are you a XBox 360 fan?

Tell me what's the average speed of the XBox 360 drive reading a dual layer DVD?
Tell me what are the latest results on Matrix multiplies on the Cell? Etc?

Do you want me to quote drive specs and research articles?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Mike, i dont think he really gives a rats ass about those... he is just suck of your crap.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

@ Jessman

Mike, i dont think he really gives a rats ass about those... he is just suck of your crap.

So you prefer the original article posted in this thread riddled by mistakes and misinformation. I thought you went so far as even dragging another misinformative article into this thread, you seem to care.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I'm not reffering to myself, i am actually quite interested in this thread. but he wasnt reffering to the hardware he was reffering to you.

@ rocketpig

You offered completely biased technical information that tells maybe 1/4 of the story. The OP was asking a lot more than that. Mike, STOP IT. Your schtick is tired. Let it go.

On technical matters what I've stated is correct. I think I 've also addressed more points than anyone else in this thread, feel free to ask some questions regarding points you think I haven't addressed in full, I would be happy to answer, I just corrected the most obvious mistakes.

IMO let's not get personal, that's something mods should usually fight against (instead of inflame), differences of opinion and perspectives is normal for a healthy discussion.

PS3 vs 360 sales

In all fairness; it has been widely acknowledged and accepted by technophiles and engineers all across the globe that the PS3 is infact the most powerful system this gen, so how is stating that crap?
I thought these "360 is faster than PS3" discussion died a long time ago?
Having a console of preference is well and good, but one can't argue technical aspects of a machines inner structure.
So unless anyone in here actually designed or built the PS3, trust the majority which will tell you (truthfully); the PS3 is the most powerful system.
Who cares anyway? Obviously many in this thread do...

MikeB said:

@ rocketpig

You offered completely biased technical information that tells maybe 1/4 of the story. The OP was asking a lot more than that. Mike, STOP IT. Your schtick is tired. Let it go.

On technical matters what I've stated is correct. I think I 've also addressed more points than anyone else in this thread, feel free to ask some question regarding points you think I haven't addressed in full, I would be happy to answer, I just corrected the most obvious mistakes.

IMO let's not get personal, that's something mods should usually fight against (instead of inflame), differences of opinion and perspectives is normal for a healthy discussion.

Mike, that's bullshit. Just as no one asked for incorrect technical information, no one asked for your bullshit rants on the supposed technical power of the PS3. In case you didn't notice, that WASN'T THE DAMNED POINT.

Please, get a new idea or GIVE IT FUCKING UP. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I won't deny that both consoles ( xbox & ps3 ) are very close on the technical platform, but that's mostly because of the developers who don't take full the advantage of the Cell power.

But there are other issues as well.

For instance, if you also would like to view HighDef video, the PS3 is a better offer.
If you want to play online without the extra costs, the PS3 is a better offer.
If you want to support a console that's more open and doesn't restrict 3rd party developers to produce hardware for more / better entertainment, you should consider the PS3.
If you want to support a platform where the 3rd party game-developers can decide for themselves to release additional content for free, you should consider the PS3.
If you don't want to purchase extra peripherals just to charge your wireless controller or get wireless internet, you should consider the PS3.
If you want to avoid the possibility that your console needs to be returned to the repairshop every now and then, you should consider the PS3.
If you like to support a company that cares about the ecological environment you live in, you should consider the PS3.
If you don't want to be surprised that you cannot play a game anymore due to damages, you should consider the PS3. ( the BR-discs are harder to damage than the average DVD9 discs)

If all the games you like are multiplatform, the best you can choose is the PS3.