By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So im thinking of getting a Wii....again...

Chibi.V.29 said:
forest-spirit said:

Unless you really want a  Japanese Wii I recommend installing Homebrew Channel on a Pal Wii. With HBC it's very easy to play games from other regions, and you don't need to do any physical modding.

Looking at you collection, here are some games I recommend:

Metroid: Other M (pleeeaaase give it a chance!  :3 We needs every sale we can get! )

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Fragile Dreams

Sakura Wars

Fire Emblem

Rune Factory

Stay away from Tales of Symphonia 2 and MadWorld

Monster Hunter Tri

Sky Crawlers

Epic Mickey

GoldenEye

Pikmin 1 & 2

Battalion Wars 2

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Little King's Story

No More Heroes 1 & 2

Another Code: R

Disaster: Day of Crisis

XenoBlade (since you know Japanese you should import this one ASAP!)

Fatal Frame IV (JP import)

Zangeki no Reginleiv (JP import)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Trauma Center: New Blood

Trauma Team

Phantom Brave (unless you already have the PS2 version)

Harvest Moon

Animal Crossing

Muramasa

Secret of Mana

Super Mario RPG

Ogre Battle

Breath of Fire II

Super Metroid (!!!)

You should also check out some Gamecube (Wii can play ze Gamecube!!!) games such as Baten Kaitos, Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia. Oh, and Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil Zero, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4!!!

There are probably tons of games I've forgotten but there should easily be atleast 10 games there that you'd like. Also, for the future you have The Last Story, Dragon Quest X, another Fatal Frame (remake I think?), Earth Seeker among others.

wooow thats quite the list ^^ most of those games are out in japan as well :3 and whats Zangeki no Reginleiv?

It's a game that should've been localised. *grumble grumble*

It supports Wiimotion Plus and you can play online.

Some gameplay:

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
RolStoppable said:
SaviorX said:

You should usually be able to name at least 7 games you would want to for a console before you actually buy it.

Can you name 7?

Who made that silly rule?

haha thats what i thought :P

I did. If you are gonna invest $200 plus in a console, you should have a decent list of games you already have in mind to get it. It prevents buyer's remorse and you can't complain about the library later. In terms of games I would recommend:

No More Heroes 1, Rune Factory Frontier, Goldeneye,...obviously Supe rSmash Bros. Brawl.

Games I plan on buying eventually: Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Just Dance 2/MJ Experience, and some VC/Wiiware games.

I'd kinda agree with that concept.  While you don't need to get all 7 games instantly, you should have a decent list of games you wanna buy so your cost per game is much lower.  While you may be really interested in 2 games, your cost per game will be almost $150.  I don't know of any games out there that I would go spend $150 on to play just that game.  With 7 games (assuming all cost $50), you'd be down to $75 per game, which is much more reasonable.  Looking at it in this aspect, it makes video games sound so much more expensive, lol.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

forest-spirit said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
forest-spirit said:

Unless you really want a  Japanese Wii I recommend installing Homebrew Channel on a Pal Wii. With HBC it's very easy to play games from other regions, and you don't need to do any physical modding.

Looking at you collection, here are some games I recommend:

Metroid: Other M (pleeeaaase give it a chance!  :3 We needs every sale we can get! )

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Fragile Dreams

Sakura Wars

Fire Emblem

Rune Factory

Stay away from Tales of Symphonia 2 and MadWorld

Monster Hunter Tri

Sky Crawlers

Epic Mickey

GoldenEye

Pikmin 1 & 2

Battalion Wars 2

Little King's Story

No More Heroes 1 & 2

Another Code: R

Disaster: Day of Crisis

XenoBlade (since you know Japanese you should import this one ASAP!)

Fatal Frame IV (JP import)

Zangeki no Reginleiv (JP import)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Trauma Center: New Blood

Trauma Team

Harvest Moon

Animal Crossing

Muramasa

Secret of Mana

Super Mario RPG

Ogre Battle

Breath of Fire II

Super Metroid (!!!)

You should also check out some Gamecube (Wii can play ze Gamecube!!!) games such as Baten Kaitos, Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia. Oh, and Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil Zero, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4!!!

There are probably tons of games I've forgotten but there should easily be atleast 10 games there that you'd like. Also, for the future you have The Last Story, Dragon Quest X, another Fatal Frame (remake I think?), Earth Seeker among others.

wooow thats quite the list ^^ most of those games are out in japan as well :3 and whats Zangeki no Reginleiv?

It's a game that should've been localised. *grumble grumble*

It supports Wiimotion Plus and you can play online.

Some gameplay:

Wow that doesnt look half bad! I think ill get this one thanx!

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Donkey Kong, SMG", Muramasa

Lost In Shadow is definitely a must-own! 

Around the Network

@savior x  you have a Gatchaman avatar but have not gotten Tatsunoko vs. Capcom???? What are you waiting for???? Thats definetly in the top ten for Wii IMHO

OT Just check out all the JRPGs if thats all your into. GE is the best Wii FPS if thats your thing(i would say BOs, but im assuming you have one of the HD consoles, so that becomes moot).  Muramasa was fun, Bully was fun, you said no Ninty games and im not so into them myself, but give Sin & Punishment 2 a shot, it is not your typical Ninty game

Why was I not informed about you not having a Wii?

Also, I'd reccomend Monster Hunter Tri to anyone, anyday, as well as No More Heroes 1 and 2. I'd also say that Galaxy 1 and 2 are great, as is Red Steel 2, Black Ops (if you like the Wii pointer this is the best option) and Goldeneye are all must-haves. 

I have many other suggestions, so just ask me if you want to know more

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

OKAMI!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

OKAMI!

Dammit, yeah, one of my favourite games of the gen, if ever, and only for around £7 now, if not less!

Many other great games fall into that bracket as well, lest we forget Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn, my most played game of all time (712hours according to NintendoTV)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Very good suggestions I will enphasize in some:

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Muramasa the Demon Blade

Sakura Wars

Fire Emblem

Rune Factory

Monster Hunter Tri

Arc Rise Fantasia

Those are all very Japanese, very RPG like games (with some action-rpg and strategy-rpg between them). Outside that scope I'll also recommend:

Little King's Story

No More Heroes 1 & 2

Trauma Team

Great games, and different enough for you to try them, there are a lot more, but I think with those it should be enough to at least tease you.