By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So im thinking of getting a Wii....again...

how long are the resident evil games, umbrella and darkside chronicle??

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

I would like to suggest Rune Factory Frontier, the game is extremly complexy and will spend more 100 hours to beat it.

To IGN it was the best Wii RPG of 2009

Chibi.V.29 said:
RolStoppable said:
SaviorX said:

You should usually be able to name at least 7 games you would want to for a console before you actually buy it.

Can you name 7?

Who made that silly rule?

haha thats what i thought :P

I did. If you are gonna invest $200 plus in a console, you should have a decent list of games you already have in mind to get it. It prevents buyer's remorse and you can't complain about the library later. In terms of games I would recommend:

No More Heroes 1, Rune Factory Frontier, Goldeneye,...obviously Supe rSmash Bros. Brawl.

Games I plan on buying eventually: Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Just Dance 2/MJ Experience, and some VC/Wiiware games.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Soriku said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Soriku said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
leatherhat said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

You seem to like RPGs so DQX is a must when if it comes out.

Oh, and even though you seem to dislike Nintendo stuff now, I really think you should get a NSMB bundle for $125 while you still can if you're actually gonna get the Wii - I assume you'd like it better than WSR.

Ill have a look ^^ i want one from japan cos there the game si like and wii is region locked :/

lol at the "when if it comes out" bit XD

There are ways around that.....

Haha yes i know but i cba with unlocking the wii ^^ easyer to just get it from japan since i dont realy want to play any of the english wii games :3

You should buy the English MH3. Wouldn't be surprised if the English community is bigger...

Why is the English community bigger? O.o

Well I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised. Plus the English version has some extras. In the Japan one you have to pay for online when the English one is free and online is the best part. There's no reason why you should be buying the JP version.

Ah ok thanx :D

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

SaviorX said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
RolStoppable said:
SaviorX said:

You should usually be able to name at least 7 games you would want to for a console before you actually buy it.

Can you name 7?

Who made that silly rule?

haha thats what i thought :P

I did. If you are gonna invest $200 plus in a console, you should have a decent list of games you already have in mind to get it. It prevents buyer's remorse and you can't complain about the library later. In terms of games I would recommend:

No More Heroes 1, Rune Factory Frontier, Goldeneye,...obviously Supe rSmash Bros. Brawl.

Games I plan on buying eventually: Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Just Dance 2/MJ Experience, and some VC/Wiiware games.

Thats fair enough. Money isnt realy much of an issue in regards of getting the wii. and ill prob just get the red one thats supposed to be $125. I haver about 4 - 5 games in mind im thinking of getting so far which i think more than justify the cost of the wii. plus im shore more jrpg's will come out so i can get them aswell :P

Remember the wii isnt going to be my next main consol its just so i can play more rpg's from japan :P

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

A few more suggestions (not sure if these were mentioned or not in this thread):

Muramasa

Shiren the Wanderer (if you like rogue-like)

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (not even close to an RPG, but a great game, though people's opinions on the weapon less chase sequences differ)

Little King's Story

Fragile Dreams

By the way, did you play the Metroid Prime trilogy last time you had a Wii?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Unless you really want a  Japanese Wii I recommend installing Homebrew Channel on a Pal Wii. With HBC it's very easy to play games from other regions, and you don't need to do any physical modding.

Looking at you collection, here are some games I recommend:

Metroid: Other M (pleeeaaase give it a chance!  :3 We needs every sale we can get! )

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Fragile Dreams

Sakura Wars

Fire Emblem

Rune Factory

Stay away from Tales of Symphonia 2 and MadWorld

Monster Hunter Tri

Sky Crawlers

Epic Mickey

GoldenEye

Pikmin 1 & 2

Battalion Wars 2

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Little King's Story

No More Heroes 1 & 2

Another Code: R

Disaster: Day of Crisis

XenoBlade (since you know Japanese you should import this one ASAP!)

Fatal Frame IV (JP import)

Zangeki no Reginleiv (JP import)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Trauma Center: New Blood

Trauma Team

Phantom Brave (unless you already have the PS2 version)

Harvest Moon

Animal Crossing

Muramasa

Secret of Mana

Super Mario RPG

Ogre Battle

Breath of Fire II

Super Metroid (!!!)

You should also check out some Gamecube (Wii can play ze Gamecube!!!) games such as Baten Kaitos, Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia. Oh, and Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil Zero, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4!!!

There are probably tons of games I've forgotten but there should easily be atleast 10 games there that you'd like. Also, for the future you have The Last Story, Dragon Quest X, another Fatal Frame (remake I think?), Earth Seeker among others.

Wait until the new handhelds are out before you make your decision!

I LOVE ICELAND!

bmmb1 said:

A few more suggestions (not sure if these were mentioned or not in this thread):

Muramasa

Shiren the Wanderer (if you like rogue-like)

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (not even close to an RPG, but a great game, though people's opinions on the weapon less chase sequences differ)

Little King's Story

Fragile Dreams

By the way, did you play the Metroid Prime trilogy last time you had a Wii?

Ah thanx for the sujestons :D i am considering shatterd memories at the moment ^^ and def gona get little king story. And yeah bak when i had a wii i had all the nintendo games.

forest-spirit said:

Unless you really want a  Japanese Wii I recommend installing Homebrew Channel on a Pal Wii. With HBC it's very easy to play games from other regions, and you don't need to do any physical modding.

Looking at you collection, here are some games I recommend:

Metroid: Other M (pleeeaaase give it a chance!  :3 We needs every sale we can get! )

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Fragile Dreams

Sakura Wars

Fire Emblem

Rune Factory

Stay away from Tales of Symphonia 2 and MadWorld

Monster Hunter Tri

Sky Crawlers

Epic Mickey

GoldenEye

Pikmin 1 & 2

Battalion Wars 2

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Little King's Story

No More Heroes 1 & 2

Another Code: R

Disaster: Day of Crisis

XenoBlade (since you know Japanese you should import this one ASAP!)

Fatal Frame IV (JP import)

Zangeki no Reginleiv (JP import)

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Trauma Center: New Blood

Trauma Team

Phantom Brave (unless you already have the PS2 version)

Harvest Moon

Animal Crossing

Muramasa

Secret of Mana

Super Mario RPG

Ogre Battle

Breath of Fire II

Super Metroid (!!!)

You should also check out some Gamecube (Wii can play ze Gamecube!!!) games such as Baten Kaitos, Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia. Oh, and Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil Zero, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 4!!!

There are probably tons of games I've forgotten but there should easily be atleast 10 games there that you'd like. Also, for the future you have The Last Story, Dragon Quest X, another Fatal Frame (remake I think?), Earth Seeker among others.

wooow thats quite the list ^^ most of those games are out in japan as well :3 and whats Zangeki no Reginleiv?