By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners, how did you feel about the ME2 demo?

This thread has made me sad.  I really hope this isn't the way most PS3 owners respond to what many consider 2010's game of the year.  If so, Bioware and EA are wasting their time and money ...

Around the Network

If you did like the demo you should buy the game.

If you didn't like the demo that doesn't mean you won't like the game.

Mass Effect 2 is awesome, though it sucks for you if you didn't get to play Mass Effect 1 before it as it is just as awesome.

Darth Tigris said:

This thread has made me sad.  I really hope this isn't the way most PS3 owners respond to what many consider 2010's game of the year.  If so, Bioware and EA are wasting their time and money ...

There's going to be mixed opinions, but as for the people complaining solely on the graphics and framerates...I can't help but agree.

However, I'll be optomistic and say they're just a part of the minority.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Extremely dissapointed in how many PS3 owners aren't playing Mass Effect 1.

They are going to go into ME2 thinking they're getting the definitive Mass Effect experience due to bundled DLC and backstory comics. Without a doubt, the bundled DLC and solid port make the ps3 version of ME2 great. However, they are shortchanging themselvesby foregoing Mass Effect 1, one of the best games of the generation.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:

Extremely dissapointed in how many PS3 owners aren't playing Mass Effect 1.

They are going to go into ME2 thinking they're getting the definitive Mass Effect experience due to bundled DLC and backstory comics. Without a doubt, the bundled DLC and solid port make the ps3 version of ME2 great. However, they are shortchanging themselvesby foregoing Mass Effect 1, one of the best games of the generation.

Well, you gotta realize, not everyone has an Xbox as well as a PS3, or a gaming PC for that matter.

But if they do have the chance to play the first, then I agree with you.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

ME2 had its moments where I thought the 360 was being pushed too hard and the controls didn't feel as tight as a Gears or Uncharted (despite what others said, ME doesn't hold a candle to either of those two when it comes to gunplay).  What ME2 does is offer some truly great setpieces, toss you some difficult decisions, and make you care about your team and their development.  The graphics are good (sometimes great) and the gameplay is decent but the big draw here is the experience.  I'm hoping that everybody --even the haters-give it a chance.

Disappointed. Considering the hype surrounding this game, I was expecting awesomeness. I got bored in the second part of the demo and quitted. I didn't see anything RPG related, and it is not a good shooter either with clunky shooting mechanics. I hope full game is much better, then  maybe I can consider buying it once it hits the bargain bin, but for now I am only interested in Dragon Age 2 from Bioware. Much better series if you ask me.

Having already played the game on my 360, I thought the game played and controlled well on the PS3 in contrast to the 360 version.

Anyone who hasn't played the game yet and are picking it up for the PS3 will be in for a hell of a treat.

i was actually impressed, might purchase it when it releases

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Darth Tigris said:

EA never finds it to be a waste of money to give certain franchises to Sony. The Wii on the other hand...