By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why did it sell so much more on the PS3???

It must be a good game. Wii owners don't seem to like those. /troll

Around the Network

Well the PS3 version probably runs more smoothly. PS3 also has an established RPG base, largely thanks to Final Fantasy XIII. What big RPG's are on the Wii in Japan?

It's like Call of Duty, sells much better on the 360/PS3 then the Wii despite the install base. PS3 has more hardcore RPG fans in Japan, and PS3/360 have more shooter fans in Americas and EMEAA. Simple.

I hope "The Last Story" sells well on the Wii next month, as I have respect for Mistwalkers.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Kind of ironic that the thread i thought would be realy short ended up being my longest thread :P But anyways thanx to everyone to tried to explain it to me :D

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

The fact that Graces Wii didn't do as well as Symphonia 2 to me suggests that it isn't entirely about the Wii's userbase.  The fact the game was a buggy as hell didn't exactly help sales, same with the fact it launched so close to FFXIII.

MrT-Tar said:

The fact that Graces Wii didn't do as well as Symphonia 2 to me suggests that it isn't entirely about the Wii's userbase.  The fact the game was a buggy as hell didn't exactly help sales, same with the fact it launched so close to FFXIII.

This would be common sense.  Graces had multiple things working against it, and even if it's release had been perfect, it still wouldn't have sold as well as Graces f (though it would certainly have sold better than it did, which was worse than the low budget, unhyped Symphonia KOR).  The Tales audience (though not necessarily the JRPG audience) just prefers the PlayStations (PSP/PS3) to the Nintendo systems (DS/Wii) or Xbox (360).  And really, I'd say it's always been this way... Tales never really took off until PS1, and the GB/GC installments were also modest sellers by series standards.

The real test will be to see how much of that audience today repeat buys.  If Xillia only does about as well as Vesperia/Graces PS3, and can't crack 500k, then that tells us Vespersia 360/Graces Wii were likely bought by much the same people as the later enhanced PS3 versions, and Namco might've been better served hitting that same consistent base twice on two platforms instead.

Around the Network

Wii version is buggy, PS3 version is not. Enough?

Adell_Sparda said:

Apparently not.  Seems people are still debating the differences in the series console preferences rather than grasp the fact they practically recalled the game because of the series flaws.  Graces F was released as a quick way to fix those problems and get a PS3 title out there.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Adell_Sparda said:

Apparently not.  Seems people are still debating the differences in the series console preferences rather than grasp the fact they practically recalled the game because of the series flaws.  Graces F was released as a quick way to fix those problems and get a PS3 title out there.

no, that's not enough, the PS3 game came out a year later, i guess you forgot that part.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Viper1 said:
Adell_Sparda said:

no, that's not enough, the PS3 game came out a year later, i guess you forgot that part.

It was developed in under 10 months... that seems like a pretty quick turnaround honestly.  It's not like Vesperia, which had a planned PS3 port before the 360 version even hit shelves.

Then again, I doubt Namco could've gotten retail to take a single shipment of fixed Graces on Wii after how badly it did (and how badly they'd handled it).  Kinda funny Symphonia KOR got a Minna no Susume Selection reprint, while Graces hasn't (and probably won't, with Graces f on shelves).

psrock said:
Viper1 said:
Adell_Sparda said:

So? I have seen a tons of times how a game gets higher sales thanks to some extras. Do you know a better extra than a full debugging game?

THAT is enough to make Tales of Graces F on PS3 surpass Tales of Graces on Wii. Or are you telling me the japanese are so dumb that they don't started to warn everyone that the game was so buggy from the first time? Is one week sales, not just one day.