By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why did it sell so much more on the PS3???

Adell_Sparda said:
psrock said:
Viper1 said:
Adell_Sparda said:

Wii version is buggy, PS3 version is not. Enough?

Apparently not.  Seems people are still debating the differences in the series console preferences rather than grasp the fact they practically recalled the game because of the series flaws.  Graces F was released as a quick way to fix those problems and get a PS3 title out there.

no, that's not enough, the PS3 game came out a year later, i guess you forgot that part.

So? I have seen a tons of times how a game gets higher sales thanks to some extras. Do you know a better extra than a full debugging game?

THAT is enough to make Tales of Graces F on PS3 surpass Tales of Graces on Wii. Or are you telling me the japanese are so dumb that they don't started to warn everyone that the game was so buggy from the first time? Is one week sales, not just one day.

PLEASE NAME ME ALL THESE GAMES.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Graces' historically terrible legs really drives home that the bugs killed it, and it's stunted debut from going against FFXIII hurt it pretty badly at the other end too.  But even if Graces had been bug free and FFXIII was nowhere to be seen, I still  don't think it would've sold more than Graces f will.  Tales games *really do* just sell more on PlayStations.

psrock said:
Adell_Sparda said:
psrock said:
Viper1 said:
Adell_Sparda said:

Apparently not.  Seems people are still debating the differences in the series console preferences rather than grasp the fact they practically recalled the game because of the series flaws.  Graces F was released as a quick way to fix those problems and get a PS3 title out there.

no, that's not enough, the PS3 game came out a year later, i guess you forgot that part.

So? I have seen a tons of times how a game gets higher sales thanks to some extras. Do you know a better extra than a full debugging game?

THAT is enough to make Tales of Graces F on PS3 surpass Tales of Graces on Wii. Or are you telling me the japanese are so dumb that they don't started to warn everyone that the game was so buggy from the first time? Is one week sales, not just one day.

-Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition (I work in a Spanish videogame's shop, I can tell it was better than the original first weeks of Devil May Cry 3)
-Tales of Vesperia (PS3)
-Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time (2 DVD version)
-Resident Evil (GameCube)
-Almost every Final Fantasy remake for Nintendo DS...

Those are the first that come to my mind.

Remember, we are talking about 1-2 week higher sales. Is not so rare. Especially if the original game is buggy and get so poorly sales like the original Tales of Graces.

Adell_Sparda said:
psrock said:
Adell_Sparda said:
psrock said:
Viper1 said:
Adell_Sparda said:

-Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition (I work in a Spanish videogame's shop, I can tell it was better than the original first weeks of Devil May Cry 3)
-Tales of Vesperia (PS3)
-Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time (2 DVD version)
-Resident Evil (GameCube)
-Almost every Final Fantasy remake for Nintendo DS...

Those are the first that come to my mind.

Remember, we are talking about 1-2 week higher sales. Is not so rare. Especially if the original game is buggy and get so poorly sales like the original Tales of Graces.

None of these had anything to do with extra, they were released on bigger userbases thus increased in sales happened. What makes the PS3 sale so good is the fact the Wii had twice as much users.

I am not sure about the DMC 3 one though.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Viper1 said:
Adell_Sparda said:

You aren't listening.  The game was practically recalled by Namco because of the game defects.  Do you really think the game would sell successfully with such a problem?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
psrock said:
Viper1 said:
Adell_Sparda said:

You aren't listening.  The game was practically recalled by Namco because of the game defects.  Do you really think the game would sell successfully with such a problem?

I have it has sold as much it would have anyway technical problems or not. These games sell most of copies on its first week, and trust me, no one knew about these techical issues until after.

Next Gen 

The only problem is that there are more Wiis than PS3s in Japan? Really? And what was the problem with every other multi who sells more in the HD consoles?

The problem is the same: Wii version is worst. We are talking about Seven days sales, is enough to avoid the people to buy the buggy game.

psrock said:

None of these had anything to do with extra, they were released on bigger userbases thus increased in sales happened. What makes the PS3 sale so good is the fact the Wii had twice as much users.

Actually, I'm pretty certain FF3 DS released to a smaller userbase than FF3 FC.  Then again that was a ground up full remake, over a decade later, not an enhanced port turned around about a year later.

Adell_Sparda said:

The only problem is that there are more Wiis than PS3s in Japan? Really? And what was the problem with every other multi who sells more in the HD consoles?

The problem is the same: Wii version is worst. We are talking about Seven days sales, is enough to avoid the people to buy the buggy game.

Because these games sell more on the PS3 anyway. 

Next Gen 

psrock said:
Viper1 said:
psrock said:
Viper1 said:
Adell_Sparda said:

I have it has sold as much it would have anyway technical problems or not. These games sell most of copies on its first week, and trust me, no one knew about these techical issues until after.

So reviews completely failed to expose any of them?  Look, stop trying to make it look like the glitches and bugs had nothing to do with the sales when it's blatantly obvious they did.

The rEVOLution is not being televised