By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why did it sell so much more on the PS3???

jarrod said:
MOEStoppable said:

You call Gust's games shovelware? Now I understand why people hate you so much. Don't push it too far, because trust me, you don't want me to be your enemy.

Suck my bias!

it would take at least two  to four Rol to suck your bias.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Seihyouken said:

The same reason why the PS3 version of Black Ops destroyed the Wii version in America despite the Wii having a bigger lead over PS3 than in Japan.

The core FPS and JRPG audiences simply don't have Wiis.

Wrong, they have a Wii, but they also have a PS3, HD version vs SD version? There is your answer,.

psrock said:
jarrod said:
MOEStoppable said:

You call Gust's games shovelware? Now I understand why people hate you so much. Don't push it too far, because trust me, you don't want me to be your enemy.

Suck my bias!

But how many MOE would it take?

jarrod said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
MOEStoppable said:

Suck my bias!

But how many MOE would it take?

MOE is not as talented as Rol

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The Wii version of Graces was terrible, it had so many bugs in it that they actually had to recall all the discs back. And you could tell the game was incomplete because there were some scenes in the game where you could see that there were characters missing.  I think everyone pretty much knew that the Wii version was just a demo and the same thing that happened to Vesperia was going to happen to Graces.

Around the Network

300k 200k is better than just 300k

I think Namco is making a mistake with releasing the next tales game ps3 first, I'd wager that it will still sell ~300k but won't have another version that sold 200k first

But what I think happened was this

The Japanese public said we want the wii, Japanese Developers said, no you want the ps3!

Again they repeated no we choose the wii, and Developers said , NO YOU WANT THE PS3!!!!

Finally a sizable portion simply said we just don't care anymore and moved on while only a few went to the ps3, and Developers said The market is shrinking, What did we do wrong? Our only hope is to westernize our work

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jarrod said:

So, once again, why do you think Graces sold less than Symphonia KOR?  You don't think Graces could've sold better had it not released opposite the biggest game in the same genre on home consoles to that point and not been so buggy as to warrant replacement discs?  Really?

You do know who you are discussing with??

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

axumblade said:
masschamber said:

I think Namco is making a mistake with releasing the next tales game ps3 first, I'd wager that it will still sell ~300k but won't have another version that sold 200k first

The Japanese public said we want the wii, Japanese Developers said, no you want the ps3!

Again they repeated no we choose the wii, and Developers said , NO YOU WANT THE PS3!!!!

Finally a sizable portion simply said we just don't care anymore and moved on while only a few went to the ps3, and Developers said The market is shrinking, What did we do wrong? Our only hope is to westernize our work

Not really.....not at all actually....a lot of Japanese developers shifted to the handheld market because it's less expensive and easier to develop for.

The decision to support handhelds relates to the ps3 and wii how? The ps3 has received far more support from Japanese developers, I wouldn't be surprised if the console market would be healthier if the wii actually received worthwhile support early on instead of more or less nothing, the 360 received and receives better support than the wii.

You honestly believe the decision to refuse to support the most popular platform hasn't been detrimental to the Japanese console market at all?

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

axumblade said:
masschamber said:

Not really.....not at all actually....a lot of Japanese developers shifted to the handheld market because it's less expensive and easier to develop for.

And he seemed to have forgotten the first two years of the PS3. And the game we really wanted and had as PS3 FANS ( MH3),the wii got it.

Next Gen 

i dont know.. maybe they just dont give a rats ass about any of those games, like me lol