By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NotStan said:

Yeah I hear there is like a $100 giftcard deal in Walmart but there is also $75 for both 360 and Wii, not sure if correct, but I know it's definitely for 360 as the Xbox on Facebook themselves announced it

Yup, it's the same for the Wii (was $50 this week)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
phenom08 said:

So Kowenicki you admit your bias and Rol does go after people that are bias and try to come off as unbias. I can name a couple or is that against the rules. I'll edit it if it is but

360 supporters               PS3 supporters

Kowenicki                         CGI

Seece                                Mummelman

Squilliam                        Carl

ill name more as they come to mind, so rol do you agree with some the posters on my list?

AFAIK Squilliam used to be more of a Wii supporter, he just got distracted by this Kinect thing for the time being =) And after all it's easier to accept bias rather than pretend you don't have one. Truly unbiased people either have no soul or completely ignorant about the subject.

bmmb1 said:
Nintendogamer said:
fwap said:

So how far do people reckon Donkey Kong Country Returns will go?

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Nintendo
4.43 3.00 1.87 9.30
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Rare
3.31 1.10 0.86 5.27
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
Nintendo
2.13 2.21 0.81 5.15
Donkey Kong Land (GB)
Nintendo
2.00 1.08 0.83 3.91
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (SNES)
Nintendo
1.19 1.77 0.55 3.51
Donkey Kong (GB)
Nintendo
1.59 0.80 0.68 3.07
Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)
Nintendo
1.41 0.42 0.52 2.35
Donkey Kong Country (GB)
Nintendo
1.06 0.34 0.79 2.19
Donkey Kong Country (GBA)
Nintendo
1.11 0.29 0.52 1.92
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Nintendo
1.07 0.17 0.46 1.70

Obviously these are VGChartz numbers, and I have no idea how up to date they are.

EDIT: I should probably clarify too that I got these from just a simple search of "Donkey Kong" on the VGChartz section. Obviously DKCR has already sailed past loads of other DK titles, but this is the top 10.

Will easily top the GBA titles this holiday and will end up in the top 3, 5M .

There's only one GBA game in this list (no. 9), but maybe you meant GB games as well? If so, there is no. 4 which I wouldn't call easy to achieve this holiday, but maybe possible. All in all, I agree with the 5 million LT prognosis. As to whether it can achieve even more, it will be easier to tell  after we see the post holiday legs.

oops yes I meant all the handhelds then :) selling at least 10M would be nice though, possibly 5M alone in america's LT.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Squilliam said:
phenom08 said:

So Kowenicki you admit your bias and Rol does go after people that are bias and try to come off as unbias. I can name a couple or is that against the rules. I'll edit it if it is but

360 supporters               PS3 supporters

Kowenicki                         CGI

Seece                                Mummelman

Squilliam                        Carl

ill name more as they come to mind, so rol do you agree with some the posters on my list?

You're completely out of line with this. Theres a massive difference between having bias or showing a preferrence to actually being unfair, confrontational or trollish. I say trollish because it is fair enough to cheer for a side whether it be sport or your local console team given thats just a reflection of human nature. However it is unfair to bait and manipulate people in order to have fun at their expense or to act like a bully.

You probably don't know this but whenever someone says the PS3 is DOMED it links back to a thread I made to divert and deflect negative attention towards the PS3 back in early 2009. I was one of the last people supporting the PS3 on this site at a time when the PS3 had no friends yet you call me a biased 360 supporter? Infact if anything im a fanboy of ATI and AMD and quite often switch allegiences to support the underdog.

Wow did i strike a nerve or what lol. Sorry didn't mean to offend you and your right prefernces and bias are different and sometimes imo you come off as bias

These sale threads are fun for all the wrong reasons

Around the Network

I'm sad I didn't make the bias list.  All this downplaying and still no credit. ;_;

jarrod said:

I'm sad I didn't make the bias list.  All this downplaying and still no credit. ;_;

The amount of bias you have could never fit into a list. You'd need like a bias book

patapon said:
jarrod said:

The amount of bias you have could never fit into a list. You'd need like a bias book

Like the Ninokuni of VGC! <3 <3

jarrod said:
patapon said:
jarrod said:

Like the Ninokuni of VGC! <3 <3

No! Don't undersell yourself like that

You'd definitely have to be the ps3 version considering blu-ray... but even then... :/

RolStoppable said:
daroamer said:
Metallicube said:

But as I expected, the Kinect GAMES are not really selling, only the hardware, from the sheer noevelty. But eventually this will change, and the hardware sales will be brought down to the level of the software sales, unless some killer aps are released for it. It is ALWAYS games that moves hardware. Always.

Wii - Week of Dec 2006 - Americas

Top 10 Wii Software Sold (Not including bundled games) - 1.55 million units

Kinect Games - Week of Dec 11 2010 - Americas

Top 7 Kinect Games Sold (Not including bundled games) - 2.16 million units

I only did 7 because I don't know how to sort the Kinect only games and only 7 were in the Xbox top 30.

Still, those 7 games are outselling the top 10 Wii games in approx the same time period by 600,000 units in the Americas. 

So if Kinect isn't selling any games then Wii was much worse which is why it turned out to be such a gimmicky failure like so many at the time predicted.

Installed base also plays a role for software sales. What are those for the Wii and Kinect at that point in time?

EDIT: I checked the American numbers myself.

Wii hardware for the week ending December 9th 2006: 832k. Top 10 software excluding Wii Sports: 1.55m.

Kinect hardware for the week ending December 11th 2010: 2.602m. Top 7 software excluding Kinect Adventures: 2.16m.

So Kinect sold more software, but its attach rate comes in at below one game per device. Below one game! The Wii's attach rate is just under two, or in other words, one whole game sold more per system than what Kinect achieved. Adding in all available software wouldn't really change the results, so it's enough to just look at the top sellers.

On a sidenote, Kinect launched on November 4th while Wii launched on November 19th, giving Microsoft's device two weeks more in this comparison which should be an advantage for Kinect as it enjoyed a longer time period on sale and those who got it on launch day would be more likely to go out and buy an additional game.

For someone who just accused someone else a few minutes ago of leaving out important facts to fit an argument... well, you've been found guilty of the very same thing which means you aren't any better than him. But at least we now know for sure that Kinect's software sales are indeed not good.

I wasn't leaving anything out, it was simply a mistake.  When I wrote that post it was 5am and for some reason I was thinking Kinect launched on the 14th, not the 4th.  The difference is I won't be going and quoting those same numbers in another thread like I had never been corrected.

Did you calculate attach ratio on just those games I listed because i only listed 7 Kinect games vs 10 Wii launch games.  At that time of the morning I couldn't be bothered to do more than 5 mins research, especially for someone who truely doesn't care about facts anyway when it comes to Kinect.  Also keep in mind the vast majority of the early Wii game sales came from Zelda, a huge and established franchise, there was a big drop off after that game.  Zelda accounted for 685,365 of that 1.5 million, the next highest selling game was at 128,942.

I agree install base is a big factor, but then I didn't see you correcting him when he asked why Kinect games weren't selling as good as Halo Reach, or why Kinect didn't have any games as good as Wii games released this year, 4 years into the system's lifespan, instead of comparing Kinect launch games to Wii launch games where the scores are very comparable.