By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jarrod said:

I'm sad I didn't make the bias list.  All this downplaying and still no credit. ;_;

yeah me as well. I thought i was biased to le 360, gah maybe when the next one comes out :-/

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

Here's something interesting:

This Week :

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
112 61,173 3,942,779

This Week Last Year :

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
60 61,360 2,802,231

LittleBigPlanet 2 gonna be huge!

RolStoppable said:
daroamer said:

I wasn't leaving anything out, it was simply a mistake.  When I wrote that post it was 5am and for some reason I was thinking Kinect launched on the 14th, not the 4th.  The difference is I won't be going and quoting those same numbers in another thread like I had never been corrected.

Did you calculate attach ratio on just those games I listed because i only listed 7 Kinect games vs 10 Wii launch games.  At that time of the morning I couldn't be bothered to do more than 5 mins research, especially for someone who truely doesn't care about facts anyway when it comes to Kinect.  Also keep in mind the vast majority of the early Wii game sales came from Zelda, a huge and established franchise, there was a big drop off after that game.  Zelda accounted for 685,365 of that 1.5 million, the next highest selling game was at 128,942.

I agree install base is a big factor, but then I didn't see you correcting him when he asked why Kinect games weren't selling as good as Halo Reach, or why Kinect didn't have any games as good as Wii games released this year, 4 years into the system's lifespan, instead of comparing Kinect launch games to Wii launch games where the scores are very comparable.

Alright then, I am going to believe you that it was mistake.

Yes, I calculated the attach ratio based on just those seven Kinect and ten Wii games, because the numbers wouldn't significantly change, if we added the remaining games that all only sold at best five digit numbers at that point in time.

As for metallicube, he sounds like a broken record and it would be for the best, if you and others just ignore him, because it doesn't seem like he wants to listen to anything that is opposing his views.

Well at least we agree on something! ;)

CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:

Here's something interesting:

This Week :

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
112 61,173 3,942,779

This Week Last Year :

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
60 61,360 2,802,231

LittleBigPlanet 2 gonna be huge!

I'm just realizing that LBP is gonna hit 4 mill soon. Should hit 5 mill in it's lifetime.

Damn you! :p I was preparing that for this week, I realised it this afternoon while checking the top 200, and I also found something funny.

Buzz! The Ultimate Music Quiz (PS3)
8 34,508 84,307

42% of its sale in its 8th week :p

SingStar Dance (PS3)
6 30,150 105,427

Approx 29% here.

daroamer said:
RolStoppable said:
daroamer said:

I wasn't leaving anything out, it was simply a mistake.  When I wrote that post it was 5am and for some reason I was thinking Kinect launched on the 14th, not the 4th.  The difference is I won't be going and quoting those same numbers in another thread like I had never been corrected.

Did you calculate attach ratio on just those games I listed because i only listed 7 Kinect games vs 10 Wii launch games.  At that time of the morning I couldn't be bothered to do more than 5 mins research, especially for someone who truely doesn't care about facts anyway when it comes to Kinect.  Also keep in mind the vast majority of the early Wii game sales came from Zelda, a huge and established franchise, there was a big drop off after that game.  Zelda accounted for 685,365 of that 1.5 million, the next highest selling game was at 128,942.

I agree install base is a big factor, but then I didn't see you correcting him when he asked why Kinect games weren't selling as good as Halo Reach, or why Kinect didn't have any games as good as Wii games released this year, 4 years into the system's lifespan, instead of comparing Kinect launch games to Wii launch games where the scores are very comparable.

Alright then, I am going to believe you that it was mistake.

Yes, I calculated the attach ratio based on just those seven Kinect and ten Wii games, because the numbers wouldn't significantly change, if we added the remaining games that all only sold at best five digit numbers at that point in time.

As for metallicube, he sounds like a broken record and it would be for the best, if you and others just ignore him, because it doesn't seem like he wants to listen to anything that is opposing his views.

Well at least we agree on something! ;)

BTW, considering Kinect a peripheral, and not a totally separate platform, we have obviously to compare it to Balance Board, and what do we find? That BB with its bundled games, WF and WF Plus had huge launches and enjoyed huge and long legs despite a very low attach ratio, BB sells like hotcakes without selling little more games besides the bundled one. This should suggest that some peripherals just need a very few, but very good and well targeted games to sell. Obviously this implies too that should this happen they must be profitable also on HW alone, but it shouldn't be a problem (except recovering initial investment and that 500M $ spent for launch phase marketing, but 15M Kinects with SW royalties added should be enough, and, like for Sony, this was an unavoidable investment anyway, both couldn't afford to start next gen being left a whole gen behind on motion control development and market presence).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

great sales alround and great kinect sales could do 6 mil just this year