By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Standard Cars to be Upgraded to Premium

pezus said:

Hopefully they will upgrade the Veyron :P

yes im hoping for that also, much to my suprise i was stunned that the veyron had a fully working tail flap even though it was standard.

ive also found that many standard cars look amazing

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
pezus said:

Hopefully they will upgrade the Veyron :P

yes im hoping for that also, much to my suprise i was stunned that the veyron had a fully working tail flap even though it was standard.

ive also found that many standard cars look amazing

The only thing that I don't like with the Veyron is the handling. You really need a Race Car in the more 'serious' races :(

I'd just like them to fix the shadows and the smoke. So ugly sometimes!

ocnkng said:
phinch1 said:

I like this news a lot!  also i know this is off topic, im suprised GT1 isnt released on the psn store, thats would get them some more money

I don't think its practical. The file size would be too large.

The file size of what?  GT1?

X_x

GT1 was on a single CD.  So it took at most 700MBs. That's roughly 4 times smaller than FF VIII and IX, which are, of course, already available on PSN. ^_-

Excellent....its gonna be a hell of a big update though!

Around the Network

I dont know why people keep saying the Bugatti Veyron,  that car handles like a tank and is really nothing more than a show peice that goes fast.  I would never use it in a real race for anything. 

Some of the things I would like to see hit premium
European GTR cars (Opel Astra, Mercedez CLKGTR, etc)
More American Cars, preferably the muscle cars and Corvettes
More European Cars,  like Alfas, Opels and Others

As for additional content,  I would pay for additional tracks and cars as long as they arent in the game at all.  Like $10 for 5 tracks with special races designed for them,  or a car pack with a half dozen Porsches or something.

I am glad they are doing this but i dont think they should charge for it,  since its just a prettier version of what we already have.  But I dont think they will

mantlepiecek said:

This is great news. For people who were whining about standard cars.

Bad for the reviewers.

because they don't wait a year to review a game?  the most gt5 players will have stopped to play the game already at the moment gt5 will get the patch...

shows me even more that i won't buy games on release anymore. so many games get big improvements with patches last time for better performance or whatever. gt will be a much better game in the middle of 2011.

crissindahouse said:
mantlepiecek said:

This is great news. For people who were whining about standard cars.

Bad for the reviewers.

because they don't wait a year to review a game?  the most gt5 players will have stopped to play the game already at the moment gt5 will get the patch...

shows me even more that i won't buy games on release anymore. so many games get big improvements with patches last time for better performance or whatever.

Really? So most gamers will give up on GT5 after a month or so? Do you really think that GT fans and those people that constantly buy GT games are in GT just for a short thrill? That's quite a poor judgment.

That's like saying people will give up on a MMO, RTS or Sports Simulator after they get it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

i'm actually interested in the other new features that were announced, leaderboards for time trials are what i want the most, even though i have no chance in beating these GT obssesed guys.

ocnkng said:
phinch1 said:

I like this news a lot!  also i know this is off topic, im suprised GT1 isnt released on the psn store, thats would get them some more money

I don't think its practical. The file size would be too large.

ha ha, are you joking? Gt1... a ps1 game, file size is probably about 600mb? at most, ive probably downloaded bigger updates for games than that, plus people download ps3 games now, so no GT1 would not be large at all, infact relitivly small