By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So Kinect sales are at 4 million...

Kinect's doing ridiculously well and is crushing expectations upon expectations, but I still doubt it'll top 20m. Wii Fit did marginally less in the same period and it was released in March. Even after that it only sold a little over 20m. Admittedly WFP cut into its legs, but Wii Fit was on a much bigger and healthier base anyway. Besides, it did all that on less than $500m for advertising.

Not to say that it won't do well, though. It'll do phenomenonally!

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
yo_john117 said:
bannedagain said:
yo_john117 said:
Metallicube said:

err, 20 million? So you expect it to sell nearly half the userbase of the 360? Exactly what kind of software is going to push 20 million Kinects at $150 a piece ($300 if you include those who don't have a 360)?

I predict sales will fall like a rock after the holiday season. There are no games out now or in the forseeable future that shows otherwise.

Seriously 20 million is not so far fetched.

Making up 1/4 of that 20 million in under two months is impressive and yea sales will fall but not so much that it can't get to 20 million by the end of next year. For how long it has been out I think you might want to rethink your stance on the 20 million. next christmas it could hit higher sales. That 150 will be dropped most likely to 129 or 100.

Exactly...I just don't understand how anyone can think 20 million KINECTS sold is impossible when its on track to sell 6-7 million in its first 2 months.

Well sure, when you're not blinded by irrational hatred it's not impossible at all.  In fact its ... likely.

I think my hatred is quite rational actually

psrock said:

Seriously I don't know how you can say anything negative about Kinect, it has blown up in America like the Ipod did or better from start. This is the amazing for gaming. Now, what MS do to keep this going is what is important.

I seriously think it has help 360 outsell PS3 in Europe, but time will tell.

Look at the games. I don't see how you can say anythign POSITIVE about Kinect..

Metallicube said:
psrock said:

Seriously I don't know how you can say anything negative about Kinect, it has blown up in America like the Ipod did or better from start. This is the amazing for gaming. Now, what MS do to keep this going is what is important.

Well the games are not the reason you cant say anything good about kinect.

Metallicube said:
psrock said:

The thing is 2 months old, games will come, it will have tons of support.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Immortal said:

Kinect's doing ridiculously well and is crushing expectations upon expectations, but I still doubt it'll top 20m. Wii Fit did marginally less in the same period and it was released in March. Even after that it only sold a little over 20m. Admittedly WFP cut into its legs, but Wii Fit was on a much bigger and healthier base anyway. Besides, it did all that on less than $500m for advertising.

Not to say that it won't do well, though. It'll do phenomenonally!

Not the best comparison.  Very few games were developed specifically for the balance board, can't say the same about Kinect.

Metallicube said:
psrock said:

As I've proven to you in the past, the Wii launch lineup wasn't any better.  Aside from the Zelda game which was originally created for the Gamecube the meta scores for the first Wii games are very comparable to the Kinect launch lineup.

Kinect Sports, Dance Central, Kinect Adventures, Kinectimals and Your Shape are all very solid launch titles.

MANY more games have already been announced for 2011.

Slimebeast said:

I'd really like to know what haters such as Malstrom think of this phenomenon.

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/the-killer-app-add-on-myth/

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/12/15/the-child-problem/

Above: still the best game of the year.

There's no doubt about it, Kinect is abosuletly doing well. However, I just can't see it hitting 20M. Kinect has everything going for it, the "new" factor, the holiday season. What happens when both of those are gone, and people eventually forget about Kinect? It will sell well, but I don't see it hitting 20M in this gen.

Metallicube said:
Darth Tigris said:
yo_john117 said:
bannedagain said:
yo_john117 said:
Metallicube said:

err, 20 million? So you expect it to sell nearly half the userbase of the 360? Exactly what kind of software is going to push 20 million Kinects at $150 a piece ($300 if you include those who don't have a 360)?

I predict sales will fall like a rock after the holiday season. There are no games out now or in the forseeable future that shows otherwise.

Seriously 20 million is not so far fetched.

Making up 1/4 of that 20 million in under two months is impressive and yea sales will fall but not so much that it can't get to 20 million by the end of next year. For how long it has been out I think you might want to rethink your stance on the 20 million. next christmas it could hit higher sales. That 150 will be dropped most likely to 129 or 100.

Exactly...I just don't understand how anyone can think 20 million KINECTS sold is impossible when its on track to sell 6-7 million in its first 2 months.

Well sure, when you're not blinded by irrational hatred it's not impossible at all.  In fact its ... likely.

I think my hatred is quite rational actually

Sure it is.

LOL